D&D 5E What do you think of this WotC retweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest 6801328

I don't think there is wrong with anything the lady said(other than the risk part.....there is zero risk to applying for this job), it's the fact that the seem to show bias in who they are hiring....this is retweeted in reference to their job posting...if you haven't seen the huge job thread.

It's ironic that an English word which at one point was perhaps the most respectful term for a woman has since become a symbol of disrespect. Perhaps often "unknowing disrespect", but still...

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Saying "group X should apply for something that has previously been advertised as open to everyone" is not remotely close to saying "nobody except group X should apply for something".

Even if they had explicitly said that minority groups would be preferentially hired, that's called encouraging diversity. If you have a uniform workforce, and you want it to diversify any time before your entire workforce retires, then you have to hire preferentially.

That is literally what the “religious freedom” laws allow.

I'm glad you can't put a gun to someones head and force them to do things that's against their religion.....why do you think America was started, cough cough religious freedom.

I meant that racism bring on the ropes is decidedly untrue; it is not.

I will admit Asian Americans have it pretty hard in America getting into Universities. They have to score a lot higher on GREs, SATs and have higher GPAs...otherwise I see no real problems.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm glad you can't put a gun to someones head and force them to do things that's against their religion.....why do you think America was started, cough cough religious freedom.

I will admit Asian Americans have it pretty hard in America getting into Universities. They have to score a lot higher on GREs, SATs and have higher GPAs...otherwise I see no real problems.
Well, that's special.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
What laws are racist? What law says you can discriminate?

I'll wait.....

While anti-discrimination laws certainly exist it’s quite easy to get around them by just saying you don’t think the candidate is a good fit. You don’t have to say you’re discriminating based on race/gender/sexual orientation but that doesn’t mean you’re not doing it.

There are laws and there’s getting caught breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads