D&D 5E What do you think of this WotC retweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
To me, that means if you're a man, don't apply because we already made up we're going to choose a woman (it literally doesn't say that, but it feels that way).

So...you understand that it's NOT saying "if your a man, don't apply..." but you are going to pretend it is anyway so you have something to feel butthurt about? Are you mental?

Now, do you feel they retweeted it because of:
  1. To retweet a positive message of inclusion/positive reinforcement?

Maybe they are looking for applicants, and they felt retweeting this message was a good way to get exposure and expand their applicant pool. It's not always about you.

Hard to reason with people who don't like the truth....the fact is America is not very racists, it's just not.

To imply otherwise is crazy.

I dare anyone to make a racists comment(even a minor one) on social media and see if you still have a job the next day, let alone ever getting hired again.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hard to reason with people who don't like the truth....the fact is America is not very racists, it's just not.

I dare anyone to make a racists comment(even a minor one) on social media and see if you still have a job the next, let alone ever getting hired again.
See the book "Everyone Lies." Many, many people remain racist, they just know to be quiet about it, by and large. And if people lose jobs over being racists, boo-hoo.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I don't think there is wrong with anything the lady said(other than the risk part.....there is zero risk to applying for this job),
I believe that your feeling that there is zero risk in applying is a pretty good indicator that you are in fact a white male. I am too, and I feel the same. But I think that accepting and understanding the risk it that does represent for non-white non-males is important if you want to understand what being a non-white non-male is like.

I believe that your feeling that there is zero risk in applying is a pretty good indicator that you are in fact a white male. I am too, and I feel the same. But I think that accepting and understanding the risk it that does represent for non-white non-males is important if you want to understand what being a non-white non-male is like.

What's the risks for non white males?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What law says you can discriminate?

I'll wait.....

Several states still allow homosexuals to be fired, evicted, or denied housing simply for being gay. 2 such states- Arkansas and Tennessee- have state laws preventing municipalities from passing laws to strengthen LBGT protections.

Seven states prohibit atheists from holding public office.

The Federal RFPA was passed during the Clinton presidency to nullify a SCOTUS decision penned by Antonin Scalia that ruled that imprisnoned Native Americans could be denied the use of their religious consumable, peyote, because it was a prohibited drug under Federal law. Said decision completely ignored that Catholic inmates were permitted wine as part of services during Prohibition- something he and the 4 other Catholics on the court at the time should well have known. The Federal RFPA prohibits the government from interfering in religious practices at such a micro level...unless said interference results in protection from discrimination against a protected class.

Several of the recently passed & proposed State RFPAs we’re modeled on the Federal one, but by design most conspicuously and explicitly lack language such as I italicized, leaving the door open for discrimination against anyone as long as you can justify it for religious reasons. Some have been challenged by the public, with mixed results. Indiana’s version, signed by then Gov. Mike Pence, was a lightning rod for a bunch of businesses (including GenCon). Along with the concerned locals, those businesses managed to get it “watered down” with those eliminated protective words after Pence grudgingly admitted the law could possibly be used to discriminate, though he personally didn’t think it would ever happen. He said that with a straight face, without blushing.

Last edited:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ

I dare anyone to make a racists comment(even a minor one) on social media and see if you still have a job the next day, let alone ever getting hired again.

Dude, you are so living in your own world that it's not even funny. Truth is not on your side in this.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Depends on what your job is.*

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37204837
(He got re-elected.)

See also POTUS’s well documented history of racism, including his campaign announcement Re: Mexican rapists, etc.

See also the laughable Lost Cause assertion of John Kelly that the Civil War was caused by “a lack of compromise”. Still employed.

See also Ted Nugent’s repeated denigrations of minorities, especially blacks. (I hate that Unca Ted’s hate makes me want to hate him when I like some of his music.)

* Also, given that you had that qualifier “on social media”, I can say lots of Joe Klansmans out there do fine doing exactly that, since many- if not most- social media platforms support anonymity. When I visited a white supremacist website a few years ago to see how they were reacting to the increasing ascendancy of nonwhites in the NHL, few of those guys and gals used their real names. (Nor did I, for obvious reasons.)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads