D&D 5E What do you think the 2020 Summer, Fall, and Winter D&D books will be?

gyor

Legend
What do you think the 2020 Summer, Fall, and Late Winter D&D books will be?

We know the early Winter, borderline Spring book is Wildemount, Spring's book is Mythic Odyssey's of Theros. But what will Summer's book be, Falls book, and late Winter's Book be?

I think Summer's book with be Kate Welsh's book, Fall Perkin's next AP, and Winter a FRCG style book with somekind of link to BG3 somehow, like Lae'zel's Tourbook of Toril or something.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Why? If its Coronavirus, alot of work can been done remotely.
Yea, but they had been working in an office. Transitioning to home work takes time, not to mention the fact that people have kids that are stuck at home with them. And Seattle has already been pretty badly impacted.

Plus, everyone's timelines are going to slip, because there's a perfectly justified reason to let them slip that everyone knows about.

gyor

Legend
Btw for those wondering why I'm expecting a FRCG type book with tie ins to BG3 and player options this year, its mostly the because the Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

"Or perhaps mind flayers kidnapped you, subjecting you to the nightmarish process of ceremorphosis—but the transformation failed and left you altered." Sounds like what happens to your character and companions in BG3 doesn't it? No freaking way that is an accident.

Plus there might be alot of other lore and things going on in BG3 and BG4 that WotC will want too tie into lore wise, but its too early to have an adventure based on BG3, but a BG3 influenced FRCG style book would be no problem. Plus folks have been bugging them for a 5e FRCG for years now (I'm not the onlg one).

gyor

Legend
Yea, but they had been working in an office. Transitioning to home work takes time, not to mention the fact that people have kids that are stuck at home with them. And Seattle has already been pretty badly impacted.

Plus, everyone's timelines are going to slip, because there's a perfectly justified reason to let them slip that everyone knows about.

Maybe by like month maybe, but I believe they will still be out this year.

Len

Prodigal Member
Here are my predictions.

Summer: A sourcebook + adventure that is a tie-in to some non-Wizards IP that is currently popular on streaming because that's all the inspiration the writers have left after being stuck at home for months. It will sell well but D&D fanboys will despise it.

Fall: The Fall Classic - Another third-party tie-in book, with Major League Baseball (assuming the World Series gets cancelled). The pro sports leagues will be desperate by then, so this could be a whole new business for WotC.

Late Winter: Plague In Waterdeep - This is the first in a planned series of adventures based on a group of Waterdeep residents who are isolated in their separate homes due to a plague which is ravaging Faerûn. They spend their time bravely doing housework, crafting, and managing their toilet paper supplies.

Remove ads