D&D 5E What do you want in the first D&D Next adventure path?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I'd like a good big dungeon. Next is similar to pre-3E editions in that by default players use the same type of interface for all three adventuring activities: Killing Things, Talking to Things, and Looking in/at Things for other Things. In all three cases the situation is contained in the theater of the mind with uncertain results resolved by 1-2 rolls of dice. I want a dungeon that leverages all three of those together in a way that tells an interesting story and doesn't snap your disbelief suspenders.

I want it to be a multi-layered dungeon not just physically but conceptually, with different organizations using different sections of it for different reasons. I don't want to spend ten levels underground trying to achieve the same goal the whole time. I'd rather start by maybe looking for money or clearing out a nest of orcs, discover a lost world that the orcs were afraid to go to, lean about a threat to the world that's working with creatures in the lost world, and then go after the puppetmaster behind the threat to the world.

That's what I find exciting.

Remove ads