• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What else is going to go wrong this week?

List of things that have gone wrong this week for me:

1. MIssed the NC Game day because of work/vacation scheduling issues

2. My new digital camera broke, I think there is sand in it from the beach

3. Vacation cut short because of hurricane evacuation from the Outer Banks on Tuesday

4. Got to work on Thursday to find that 40+ computers at work had crashed with a massive virus/network overload, and had to be reimaged in my absense by other computer support people

5. No water this morning, go outside to find water pouring down my driveway and bubbling up from the ground. We have a broken water line, which has probably been that way for a while, as the water bill I received yesterday shows that we used twice as much water last month as we have used in any of the previous 12 months. Estimate to put a new water line to the house? $1600, possibly more if the break is under the slab foundation.

What is going to happen next? :\

Darthjaye

First Post
I would have the driveway checked to make sure one of those stupid alien machine's from that horrible remake of War of The Worlds isn't hiding underneath. :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Yikes, sorry to hear of your troubles, Rich. If it makes you feel any better, the latter half of July was like that for me. That was shortly followed by the great time I had at GenCon and a couple other minor bits of good news.

Here's hoping theres some karmic payback in your near future! *crosses fingers*

(btw, I also had a "sand in the camera" problem after our trip to the beach. It cost about $80 to fix. I don't know whether you regard that as good or bad news.)

Darthjaye

First Post
Just keep positive. It's hard but it works and things eventually turn. There's a balance, trust me in this. My last year for instance (from August last year to August this year) consisted on the following:
-my now ex tried to run off with our son (she has some issues);
-my car went kaput
-I was in a pretty bad car wreck
-the place I was working at and really liked sold and closed and I was let go
-my mom, son, and I had to move from our home of a couple years as my mom lost a legal battle for ownership of the house with her bitter (and at that point dead) ex and his family
-my father passed away after heart surgery that initially seemed to go well

But (and this sounds corny to some) I believe and know that things turn around and have for me cause as of this August:
-all my bills were payed and I walked away with over 10k from the settlement regarding the accident last year
-I have an awesome job as a courier for a really great office with people who are cool to work for (a rarity indeed in this day and age) that I get paid really well to do
-I have full custody of my son
-I live in a pretty decent neighborhood
-My family and I are closer after my father's death than we were before
-I bought a car and owe nothing on it now and it's nice (although used)
-I'm looking at recieving money for a settlement from a previous job (class action lawsuit that was filed on behalf of a bunch of employees) about November

So buck up little trooper, it gets better................. :D

Last edited:

DaveStebbins

First Post
Yeah, I think sooner or later we all have a week like that Rich. I'm just sorry it had to happen to such a good guy.

So, take the offensive. Wear the Green Converse tomorrow. There's no way anything bad could happen then!

-Dave

Remove ads