D&D 5E What happened to the Monster Menagerie storyline?

zoroaster100

First Post
From earlier information such as the miniatures set coming after Rage of Demons, it seemed the next storyline was going to be Monster Menagerie and something themed around strange monsters created perhaps by an insane wizard or such. Now it seems that the next storyline is instead Curse of Strahd. Any word on what happened to the Monster Menagerie storyline? Or was that just a red herring, or misreading of clues?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Like the "giants do shakespeare" thing, it's merely one that Perkins has mentioned cryptically as something he's kind of sometimes worked on.

Maybe it's a forthcoming release, maybe it never will be released, maybe it's the next release, nobody knows! WotC is likely only going to be talking about CoS for the forseeable future, though. I wouldn't hold my breath - just see what the fall release is!

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I think they might have put the Monster Menagerie miniature set together specifically to release alongside the Curse of Strahd storyline because the storyline doesn't include a wide variety of monsters so releasing a set of minis called Curse of Strahd that mostly have nothing to do with the storyline of the same name was seen as not a great idea.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think they might have put the Monster Menagerie miniature set together specifically to release alongside the Curse of Strahd storyline because the storyline doesn't include a wide variety of monsters so releasing a set of minis called Curse of Strahd that mostly have nothing to do with the storyline of the same name was seen as not a great idea.

Yeah, this; they are breaking the pattern in a number of ways now.

mflayermonk

First Post

They have long sentences out there in Barbaria.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
What's a Mad Monster Party without a monster menagerie? Maybe they should have called the adventure "Dinner with Strahd".

There hasn't been any preview images of any of the figures have there? Seems a little odd to have seen nothing when they're due next month. Maybe the Strahd mix is in there (as noted above) and they didn't want to spoil anything.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Of course, the "monster menagerie" could be part of the upcoming Last Unicorn adventure path. "Creatures of the night brought to light!"

pukunui

Legend
There hasn't been any preview images of any of the figures have there? Seems a little odd to have seen nothing when they're due next month. Maybe the Strahd mix is in there (as noted above) and they didn't want to spoil anything.
WizKids is really weird about promoting their products. I imagine we'll start seeing something soon. I'm particularly keen to see the treant.

Remove ads