• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What if real life was like D&D?

Huw

First Post
1. My hand to eye coordination (which is rubbish) would be as good as my balance (which is excellent).

2. Despite my gaining 25 kilos and losing upper body strength, I'll be just as good at rock climbing and martial arts as I was 15 years ago (I'm not in the next age category yet).

3. I won't have to undergoing any additional training at work - Knowledge (computers) will cover everything from networks to GUI design.

4. I'd know Welsh as a bonus racial language.

Turanil said:
World wouldn't fear global warming, but would fear the opening of a large gate to Hell when the stars will be in the right place.

Currently that's just the US bible belt - maybe Jack Chick knows something we don't?

Slife

First Post
Kobolds would be feared and despised, and exterminated as quickly as possible by all intelligent races.

Every few years, the fundamental laws of reality would alter, often with no rhyme or reason.

Numion

First Post
Also, space exploration would be easier. High level wizards could suit up and teleport on to Mars with a sovel and start digging for the water. Oh dang 3.5 .. isn't teleport limited? Well .. if it was 3.0 world :cool:

Emirikol

Adventurer
* The world would be rife with war because there would be no interspecies marriages (and thus alliances) between anyone besides elf, man, and orc. Halflings, dwarves and ganomes would be hunted species'.

* Nobody would ever hold a job and they would get handed gold per level (hey wait...)

* Nobody would ever die

* Political leaders would have to tell the truth

* THere would be no such thing as a court of law. Just a guy who cast's detect lie and ESP and sentences the person right there.

* Technology would be a lot more bizarre because of the lack of having to think because of all the magic in the world.

* There certainly wouldn't be any monsters of any kind except for summoned demons. It's so easy to hunt monsters, that they'd all be extinct.

* The evil totalitarity of "high level people" that could never die would mean that the world would be completely opressed and ignorant (hey, wait...)

jh

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Orkin" would be a different kind of extermination company.

We'd be able to talk to a lot of historical and religious figures... Heck- some of them would still be walking around, what with "Timeless body" this and "Phylactery" that... Would Vlad Tepes have redeemed his rep during WW2? Would being raised as intelligent, good-aligned undead be covered by your HMO?

The moral nature of someone could easily be deduced and lies easily discovered. Society would come to end.

Or at least politics as usual... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads