What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

Weiley31

Legend
Okay: i'll probably doing a new thread/post, if not today/tomorrow, sometime Sunday. That's my day off and I'm too mentally tired from doing the night shift at my job.

If they actually have decent maps and setting information, I would like to run a Midnight campaign using the Zweihander system. But earlier systems were lacking in both regards. Too much focus at the top brass, and too little about the actual, grunt-level control of the country.

But as a setting concept, it is excellent.

maceo

Explorer
If they actually have decent maps and setting information...
edited to correct There is a single map in the new book, and that map of the main continent can also be downloaded from their website. I'm about halfway through reading it (as someone brand new to the setting) and I'm enjoying the lore and information so far. I'm actually considering getting the Ruins of Symbaroum books too and maybe combining them. RoS seems to have a lot of fit with dark woods and evil plus there's a lot of new classes in RoS that I think would match well and might make up for the Midnight book lacking in new classes/subclasses.

The back of the Midnight book does tease a new release The Crown of Shadow which looks like was a low-level adventure (1st-5th).

Last edited:

sterndisgust

Explorer
Unfortunately, there isn't a single map in the new book, though there is a map of the main continent you can download from their website. I'm about halfway through reading it (as someone brand new to the setting) and I'm enjoying the lore and information so far. I'm actually considering getting the Ruins of Symbaroum books too and maybe combining them. RoS seems to have a lot of fit with dark woods and evil plus there's a lot of new classes in RoS that I think would match well and might make up for the Midnight book lacking in new classes/subclasses.

The back of the Midnight book does tease a new release The Crown of Shadow which looks like was a low-level adventure (1st-5th).
That map available on the Edge website is also on pg. 190-191 of the book.

I'm excited to see their adventures but I have a sinking feeling that Crown of Shadow will just be a rewrite of the 3E Midnight adventure of the same name.

Omega9999

Carnyfex Dynastarum
That map available on the Edge website is also on pg. 190-191 of the book.

I'm excited to see their adventures but I have a sinking feeling that Crown of Shadow will just be a rewrite of the 3E Midnight adventure of the same name.
it was also the only official adventure that came out in that era, if you don't count the one in the core rulebook, of course it will be a conversion of that

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads