D&D 5E What If the players lost every adventure path so far in the realms?

GameOgre

Adventurer
What if your group all died by Tiamat's hands? Then they all died fighting Evil Elemental cultists? The next group after that went vampire hunting in Ravenloft and meet their bloody deaths.

One group of adventurers even went mad far far below in the Underdark and attacked a Demon Lord and had their souls devoured.

The next band of adventurers lead a force against the Giants before being defeated and eaten.

Now I'm not asking for the consequences on a Dungeon Masters game table and maybe the need to relook at how he does things lol.

What I'm wondering about is how each of those failures to stop the evil forces being unleashed would effect the game world!

This might make a fun and interesting game setting!

S

Sunseeker

Well, I think we'd basically end up with a completely evil-shifted world where multiple factions of evil control various parts of the world and the "adventurers" would be working for them, or perhaps some kind of "rebel scu...alliance".

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
What if your group all died by Tiamat's hands? Then they all died fighting Evil Elemental cultists? The next group after that went vampire hunting in Ravenloft and meet their bloody deaths.

One group of adventurers even went mad far far below in the Underdark and attacked a Demon Lord and had their souls devoured.

The next band of adventurers lead a force against the Giants before being defeated and eaten.

Now I'm not asking for the consequences on a Dungeon Masters game table and maybe the need to relook at how he does things lol.

What I'm wondering about is how each of those failures to stop the evil forces being unleashed would effect the game world!

This might make a fun and interesting game setting!

Under this scenario, see Athas for an idea of Toril's future. :-S

OB1

Jedi Master
Well, I think we'd basically end up with a completely evil-shifted world where multiple factions of evil control various parts of the world and the "adventurers" would be working for them, or perhaps some kind of "rebel scu...alliance".

This is a really interesting concept. A war-torn, nearly destroyed Toril where almost all hope has been lost and a small group of adventurers struggling to unite the resistance against the evil factions or just trying to survive. Heroes are always on the run, always in danger of being discovered by the sinister agents of one faction or another. I may have to do this for my next big home-brew campaign. First order of business would be figuring out what factions control what areas of the world, coming up with a set of unique backgrounds, deciding who, and where and how the resistance operates.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
You could check out the 3.something Midnight campaign setting g for ideas. It's basically a "what if Sauron won?" sort of concept.

cmad1977

Hero
I like the idea of 4-5 wicked factions vying for control of the known world while the heroes do what they can to survive and help if they can. Feels like fantasy shadowrun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiamat probably would have dominated the north of the world and new dragon empire would have formed. And eventually the entire would would have fallen under her domain.

With the Elemental Cults the Desserin valley would have been destroyed before anything really came forth to stop it.

The Demon Lords would have moved up to the surface and likely started more dangerous plans as more Demons came and destroyed all they could.

If the Players lost to Strahd nothing would have happened. Strahd would still be trapped and eventually the events would repeat with a new group of adventurers.

Giants would have caused a lot of devastation. But how things would turn out is quite variable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases