• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What If...?

Janx

Hero
Am I the only one who due to the Watcher's deep voice half expects him to announce that he's Batman at the end of the intro?
I have a side-hypothesis that The Watcher could be a Variant of Kang. That's not Marvel canon, of course, but it COULD be MCU. It's another vague name like He Who Remains. The role is related to what HWR was doing.

Or not. But there's a lot of Kang out there, all different. When the multi-verse was unleased, suddenly there's this guy who does nothing but watch them in an odd fascination and awareness of these variations.

Janx

Hero
Wow. Super judgey.

And, maybe rather missing the point of the Black Panther film, in which T'Challa learns that being too focused only on Wakanda is, in fact, a flaw.

This T'Challa's indoctrination in "Wakanda Before All Else" stopped when he was a boy. He then chooses to take on other responsibilities, and makes good on them. His blood kin are not somehow more deserving of his aid than anyone else in the galaxy. His home country and planet are not somehow more deserving than any other worlds. What does it matter which people in need he helps, so long as he's helping people?
in fact, his blood kin are doing just fine as we see when T'Challa returns to earth.

The galaxy is doing better, because they picked up the wrong kid.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I have a side-hypothesis that The Watcher could be a Variant of Kang. That's not Marvel canon, of course, but it COULD be MCU. It's another vague name like He Who Remains. The role is related to what HWR was doing.

Or not. But there's a lot of Kang out there, all different. When the multi-verse was unleased, suddenly there's this guy who does nothing but watch them in an odd fascination and awareness of these variations.
In the comics there are a race of those beings assigned to watch the various planets and such. Uatu is the Watcher of Earth, which is why he's watching events that deal with people from Earth. I doubt they'd turn him into a Kang variant.

Janx

Hero
In the comics there are a race of those beings assigned to watch the various planets and such. Uatu is the Watcher of Earth, which is why he's watching events that deal with people from Earth. I doubt they'd turn him into a Kang variant.
I know that. But it doesn't have to be that way in the MCU.

Remove ads