What If...?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Agreed, writers can always come up with something, but I doubt even all of Ego's energies compares to the power of deleting or returning half of all living things in the universe.

You say that as if "all of Ego's energies" is anything other than a narrative tool. Comics continuity is not a simulation such that we can say with authority, "Well, the writers couldn't do that because..."

Peter Quill, with a heritage of Ego's energy (probably much less than half, admittedly) could barely hold onto the Power Stone. Ego, powerful as he was, was finite; the Infinity Stones are (like it says on the tin) infinite. :)

No Prize - sure, the energy of the Snap is bigger, but it is spread over the whole universe. Ego's energy is lesser, but only spread across one galaxy. They could have similar energy densities, such that whatever Earth-local thing is happening could be started by either.

See how easy that was? It just doesn't pay to make logical arguments against narrative props. Such narration should be vetted by thematic appropriateness, not our presumptions of measurements of fictional energies.

I'm not sure that I liked the message in that; rich good, poor bad.

The Watcher specifically calls out the Nature vs Nurture thing during the episode. There are plenty of good people who grew up poor and in bad neighborhoods, but had good parents and a nurturing home. And there are plenty of bad people who grew up rich, but had poor parenting and empty homes or cold childhoods. T'Challa had such a good home and parents, that even losing all that at a young age did not change who he was. Also remember that we are seeing 20+ years of his influence on the Reavers versus 20+ years of the Reavers influence on Peter.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I liked that one a lot.
Great re-imagining of a lot of classic scenes, and it felt like everything fell out naturally from the changed events, a lot more so than last episode.

Also, have I just missed those shots of the Watcher's silhouette looming over the scene in previous episodes, or were they new to this one? They were very atmospheric.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Episode 3 was middling, the Villain was unexpected though

Fast food restaurants don’t have janitors. The same people who operate the registers, cook your food, and serve it to you also do all of the cleaning. Much of it after the store is closed.

Peter is certainly just crew.
I had an uncle who was Maintenance/Janitor at a Fast Food restaurant, in charge of keeping equipment working and restocked. He didnt work the register or served food. He did use to bring home bags of unused buns :
Yeah, I liked that one a lot.
Great re-imagining of a lot of classic scenes, and it felt like everything fell out naturally from the changed events, a lot more so than last episode.

Also, have I just missed those shots of the Watcher's silhouette looming over the scene in previous episodes, or were they new to this one? They were very atmospheric.

The Watcher Silhouette also appeared in the sky in Episode 2, I didnt notice him in Episode 1 Pilot though

Rune

Once A Fool
Episode 3 was middling, the Villain was unexpected though

I had an uncle who was Maintenance/Janitor at a Fast Food restaurant, in charge of keeping equipment working and restocked. He didnt work the register or served food. He did use to bring home bags of unused buns :

The Watcher Silhouette also appeared in the sky in Episode 2, I didnt notice him in Episode 1 Pilot though
Well, yeah, their usually will be a maintenance employee (although not on all shifts). And if the store runs lean on staff, that maintenance employee may pull other duties as needed (even cooking or register, if they’ve got the training from holding other positions prior).

Of course, these stores are franchised, so what is generally true may not be true for any specific store. I only brought it up because I think most people who don’t have experience in the industry probably don’t realize that the people who feed them are also the people who clean up before, during, and after (and not just in fast food).

I never did run across that title/plot spoiler list again for season one, but one thing I do remember is no mutant-themed episode. That makes me wonder if one of the 9 episodes for season 2 next year will be used to introduce the idea of mutants to the MCU. Too bad Agents of SHIELD is not canon or they could do an episode where the Terrigen mist actually created mutants, instead of just activating the Inhuman genes in people. Or maybe make the Celestials responsible for creating mutants, along with creating humans, Eternals, and Deviants.

Edit: and of course, right after I post this, I find a basic list. IMDB has info on some future episodes and another site had the titles:

Including already aired episodes:

1: Captain Carter
2: T'Challa Starlord
3: The world lost its mightiest heroes/Loki on Earth
4: Dark Doctor Strange
5: Party Thor - Thor still banished but also still worthy
6: Tony Stark and Killmonger - Wakanda involved.
7: Marvel Zombies
8: Tony Stark on Sakaar
9: Infinite Ultron - Vision and Ultron get merged together

Iron Man is cool, but I think that was too much Tony Stark for 9 episodes.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases