What If...?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I never did run across that title/plot spoiler list again for season one, but one thing I do remember is no mutant-themed episode. That makes me wonder if one of the 9 episodes for season 2 next year will be used to introduce the idea of mutants to the MCU. Too bad Agents of SHIELD is not canon or they could do an episode where the Terrigen mist actually created mutants, instead of just activating the Inhuman genes in people. Or maybe make the Celestials responsible for creating mutants, along with creating humans, Eternals, and Deviants.
[/spoiler]
theres a whole lot of online speculation that the "emergence" mentioned in the Eternals trailer not only sees the awakening of Tiamut but also the rise of the X-Gene -which indeed has been attributed to experiments by the Celestials. Entirely speculation at this point of course

Stalker0

Legend
This was a fun "Who Dun It" episode, and it really showed off the power of

Ant-Man, as an infiltrator you just can't match him, and though he has been more of a joke character in the MCU this shows we can really do when the gloves come off.

So the fact that he could make tech that kills the hulk is insanely awesome, and technically could be something that comes into play in our main universe should they wish to use it.

MarkB

Legend
This was a fun "Who Dun It" episode, and it really showed off the power of

Ant-Man, as an infiltrator you just can't match him, and though he has been more of a joke character in the MCU this shows we can really do when the gloves come off.

So the fact that he could make tech that kills the hulk is insanely awesome, and technically could be something that comes into play in our main universe should they wish to use it.
It wasn't even new tech - just one of the 'grenades' introduced in the first movie, delivered to the right place.

Janx

Hero
Well, yeah, their usually will be a maintenance employee (although not on all shifts). And if the store runs lean on staff, that maintenance employee may pull other duties as needed (even cooking or register, if they’ve got the training from holding other positions prior).

Of course, these stores are franchised, so what is generally true may not be true for any specific store. I only brought it up because I think most people who don’t have experience in the industry probably don’t realize that the people who feed them are also the people who clean up before, during, and after (and not just in fast food).
Ya know I was just summarizing the snippet we saw of Peter with a mop, right? Because symbolically, having that job is considered bottom of the rung. Shorthand.

Janx

Hero
I think the 3rd episode was my favorite thus far.

I liked how they went back to the 1st MCU hulk movie. That's a movie it seems Marvel hoped folks would forget.

Loki appears to have hit a home run finally. Though I don't understand his fascination with subjugating humans or why he'd think they're suited to it. There's a whole lot of folks for whom the words, "Never again" hold special meaning. They're gonna school that boy.

And for the list of directly negated movies: Avengers 1 & 2. Cap 1 & 2. Iron Man 3, Black Widow, probably Wandavision and Loki.

It is probable that on Saturday, Captain Marvel takes Loki to browntown and the world gets back to some normal.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Though I don't understand his fascination with subjugating humans or why he'd think they're suited to it.

You don't? Consider, at that point in time, Loki's fundamental drives. Consider that even Asgardians will fool themselves if it fits their preferred narrative. And consider the purpose of comic book stories.

He is fascinated with subjugating humans because Thor loves humans, and he really wants to screw his brother over. He wants humans to be made for subjugation, because that fits his preferred narrative that they love Thor because they are dim witted, stupid followers, not because Thor is, really, pretty darned awesome. He wants all this because, all his life, he's had a feeling of inadequacy, and he wants to rule things and show people up to make that feeling go away.

And, in a meta-sense, it is a setup for that old man to say, "Never again" and have Captain America show up to start kicking butt. Because in comic book stories, symbolism matters a lot.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I think the 3rd episode was my favorite thus far.

I liked how they went back to the 1st MCU hulk movie. That's a movie it seems Marvel hoped folks would forget.

Loki appears to have hit a home run finally. Though I don't understand his fascination with subjugating humans or why he'd think they're suited to it. There's a whole lot of folks for whom the words, "Never again" hold special meaning. They're gonna school that boy.

And for the list of directly negated movies: Avengers 1 & 2. Cap 1 & 2. Iron Man 3, Black Widow, probably Wandavision and Loki.

It is probable that on Saturday, Captain Marvel takes Loki to browntown and the world gets back to some normal.
Why are cap 1 and 2 negated?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
because I'm bad at numbers. I meant 2 & 3. Obviously #1 happened.

Though in hindsight, #2 might could happen, just without Natasha.

#3 has no Tony to argue with, and no Avengers 2 to cause argument with Tony.
Yeah. I had the same thought about 1 and 2, which is why I questioned it. :p

Remove ads