What IP would you like to see as an RPG?

babi_gog

Explorer
Sure, all those rules for demon dimensions, airships and homicidal supercomputers can just be taken wholesale from Middle Earth!

(Sorry, don't mean to be deliberately snarky, but I sometimes get tired of the old "Shannara is a Tolkien ripoff". Not only does this undersell the merits of the Shannara books in their own right, and the fact that after the first three books they have no similarities with ME, it also ignores how much the fantasy genre as a whole owes to Shannara, Terry Brooks and Lester Delrey in creating the genre because of the similarities to Tolkien.)
In this case I'd not use Adventures in Middle Earth, but would use MERP - add in the rest of RoleMaster and SpaceMaster and likely the answer would be yes.

aramis erak

Legend
What about Star Trek adventures?
Not who you're responding to, but, no.
Genesys (the generic version of FFG SW) has far more potential to hit the comedic bits and to do genre-enforcement than 2d20. One of the most useful things about, for example, MHRP, Firefly,

My personal preference would be one of L5R5, Cortex Prime, Genesys or Year Zero Engine; second tier being Cepheus, D6, or 3d6 Adventures (Talisman Adventures)...

STA has issues with character growth... Less growth than Classic Traveller. And all PCs being equal overall competence at start.
The linking of skill to department superficially seems good, but it really falls short for many fans. It handles JAG and Intell corps poorly. It's fast and easy... but that's also the game deviating from the setting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases