What IP would you like to see as an RPG?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know there was a boardgame of some kind, and an unrelated RPG from a group called Hive Workshop (whom I’ve never heard of), but I’d love to see a pro team take on Clive Barker’s Imajica.

I think it could work as a sourcebook for certain RPGs out there already*, but a stand-alone game would also be nice.

* besides toolkit systems like HERO, GURPS, etc., I could see Cypher System doing a decent job with it.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
There should be a Month Python TTRPG.
Isn't this what most fantasy RPGs degenerate into as soon as certain key issues, incidents or cues arrive in the game actually being played?
The number of castles we've been taunted from, flesh wounds sustained, shrubberies argued over, and cults who turned out to be the Peoples Front of Judea - Oh my!!

Greg K

Legend
Scooby-Doo, or Hanna-Barbera, where you create a group of young people who solve mysteries. In the 70s, there were a slew of shows like this including The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Josie and the Pussycats, and Jabber Jaw. This might be a great game for younger gamers where solving a mystery could be emphasized over violence.
There is a game called Meddling Kids (Pandahead Productions) that was designed for Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Goober and the Ghost Chasers, etc. It would be perfect for the licenses

Isn't this what most fantasy RPGs degenerate into as soon as certain key issues, incidents or cues arrive in the game actually being played?
The number of castles we've been taunted from, flesh wounds sustained, shrubberies argued over, and cults who turned out to be the Peoples Front of Judea - Oh my!!
All you need is a cursed item that transforms a PC's movement into silly walks...

Most franchises I can think of already have at least one RPG (even though sometimes I wish it used a different system :)) and for some franchises, there really shouldn't be one :)

But there's a handful of things I would enjoy*. Right off the bat:
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Mass Effect
I might also look at RPGs for some old 80s stuff like:
  • Marshall Bravestarr
  • Dino-Riders (or something like that)

*at least if they are not based on 5e (or at least use a heavily customized version)
There’s already an Elder Scrolls rpg. It’s pretty cool and crunchy

Remove ads