• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the essence of D&D

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Carrion Crawler against a 1st-level party? That's pretty hardcore - I've given parties of 3rd-5th+ levels fits with those things!
Yes no kobolds or goblins..... he wants a small percentage difference to mean as much as possible because most of the time it didnt and wont if the other character gets to make 3 shots a round

Zardnaar

Legend
Two weapon specialization, longsword and shortsword with ambidexterity and specs in longsword. Granted, it's true, this would be on the second round, but, (1d12+2/1d12+2/1d8) gives me 32 points of damage, before a strength bonus. Count in any sort of percentile strength and now I'm doing 41 points. Most trolls tap in around 30 HP.

I'm certainly obliterating an ogre in a single round.

2e didn't have critical damage.

You can use twin longswords you get 2 then 3 attacks.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Carrion Crawler against a 1st-level party? That's pretty hardcore - I've given parties of 3rd-5th+ levels fits with those things!

A solo Bugbear against a party? That AC 5 won't save it for long, though it'll take some punishment before going down.
Against a party, yep. We're discussing how effective a 1st level reduced to darts wizard will compare in combat with a 1st level bastard sword fighter, though.

Carrion Crawlers kill you fast or die fast, They're squishy, and initiative matters.

Remove ads