OSR What is the Newest OSR Game Now?

JeffB

Legend
Exemplars & Eidolons just came out. It's an OD&D derivative with some nifty and simple mechanics that allow one to play DemiGod/Mythic Hero types while using od&d adventures/stats as written. PDF free on drive thru, etc.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah. There's also Iron Falcon (yet another 0D&D clone) and Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures got a new edition,

And supposedly the Myth & Magic (a 2e based game) send out the PDF of the rules (sans art) to backers (after a lengthy disappearance)

Crypts & Things is also getting a new version, it's up on Kickstarter now.

GreyLord

Legend
Yes, there has been. My item was released in the past month. It is 191 (2) pages.

It is different than other OSR games, however, in that it uses the 5e shell (I suppose it's one of the first OSR games based on 5e instead of 3e or 3.5 then?).

A link to it can be found here http://www.dmsguild.com/product/180409/5e-Old-School-and-Oriental-Adventures?term=Old+School

It can be played with the 5e Basic rules and this document (though page references in my Old School Document are ALL 5e core book references, and you'll find a more complete spell list and other items in the corebooks...or the SRD).

In the book, I provide a LOT of options to make the game run however you like to run your Old School games, however, the document itself is divided into 3 solid sections.

One is the Basic section. These rules recreate the Original D&D game using 5e rules. Things that are different is that it uses a different ability score table (similar to OD&D), and there are only 3 classes presented (as in the original 3 books), along with a few other items (optional that all weapon damage is done by d6).

This ONLY recreates the original 3 booklets (so no Greyhawk on) in these rules.

My next set of rules I simply called D&D and recreates the feel of the Red and Blue books (B/X and the BE of BECMI). I've added several different classes in regards to new races in 5e, but overall, it has a very strong feel to the Red and Blue books.

Finally, it also has AD&D ideas in it, but under the framework and construct of 5e.

I'd consider it an OSR game, but heavily constructed with the 5e rules as the base, framework, and necessity to run.

If people want something that includes OD&D, BX and AD&D all in one loop, I think this is a prime document for them to look at.

Yes, it is 5e, but I think it offers something for many Old School gamers (of course, I am biased as it is my document).

Remove ads