D&D 5E What is the opposite of a Modron?

MarkB

Legend
A Nordom, obviously. Embodiments of all that is chaotic.
Oh, nonsense. Nordom isn't really all that chaotic, he's just somewhat disordered.

33-Torment_2009-04-21_10-55-19-07.jpg

complete individuality and chaos is a false equivalency. so actually, that is irrelevant. it likely wouldn't be perfectly individual to the point of having no commonalities with "others". that said, it likely would have very few commonalities. but commonalities being completely non-present as a rule would be unlikely, PARTICULARLY for something of pure, raw, perfect chaos to be frank. you would be adding limiting perimeters. true chaos doesn't have those.

well i suppose that is true.

my rp group abandoned the law and chaos interpretation long ago.

we go by stasis/chaos and have for a few decades now.

turns out when you make that shift, after working out some kinks and applying the idea of gradiant to the dimensions there are far fewer problems and things work much more smoothly. its a better dichotomy in almost every way, and you can still derive law and social chaos from it (as far less extreme and less broad sub groupings within the former) fairly easily without the big mess that is inherent to the arrangement prior to the alteration i refer to. it is true that not everyone does this though. i've known a lot of groups other than ours to do this as well though. works sooooo much better. logically as well as in many other ways.

another fun fact. a truly perfectly static system cannot be perceived or interacted with. as a result, it cannot be measured and actually functionally doesn't exist relative to us save for the simple hypothetical fact in and of itself that it exists.

one partial exception exists. the scenario in which a perfectly static region of a system has one way outward capacity to apply effects to other things but no capability for intake of effects. this is only a partial exception because the system as a whole is not truly static. only a region/portion of it is.

no such scenario has been proven conclusively to have been discovered as an extant phenomenon, but would technically be a possible partial exception. its partial though because that would not be the full system.

if the full system is static, then what i said before is true without exception. unobservable, immeasurable, non interactable.

Last edited:

a perfectly static system can be interacted with prior to becoming as such. but this is because at that point in time it has yet to become perfectly static. once stasis is acheived though (perfectly) it will never have the ability to be interacted with again else what we are talking about is merely circumstantially static.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases