D&D 5E What is your Favorite non-WotC 5E Supplement or Adventure?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master from Mike Shea has been a literal game changer for me.

A better DMG than the official DMG.

Scribe

Legend
I've been thinking on this, as I dont have much 3PP stuff at all.

Best Psionics?
Best "DMG"?
Best Monster Book?
Best Warlord?
Best Adventure?
Best Crafting?
Best Magic Items?
Best Kingdom Building?
Best Subclasses Addition?

I dont know if those things all exist, or need to exist, but its something I've been thinking about looking up in more detail.

Voadam

Legend
I have gotten the most use out of Kobold Press's first two 5e monster books Creature Codex and Tome of Beasts and they are some of my first go tos in my current online 5e Fantasy Grounds game which I have been running for the last three years.

They have interesting monsters with fun stat blocks that are generally more than bags of hit points or spell platforms and are easy to reskin. For instance I used a clockwork dragon as the stat block for an AI monster truck boss fight in my conversion of the Pathfinder Iron Gods spaceship crashed in D&D land adventure path.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have gotten the most use out of Kobold Press's first two 5e monster books Creature Codex and Tome of Beasts and they are some of my first go tos in my current online 5e Fantasy Grounds game which I have been running for the last three years.

They have interesting monsters with fun stat blocks that are generally more than bags of hit points or spell platforms and are easy to reskin. For instance I used a clockwork dragon as the stat block for an AI monster truck boss fight in my conversion of the Pathfinder Iron Gods spaceship crashed in D&D land adventure path.
They also manage that without being overly-designed or finicky, which for me is a problem with some alternate Monster book designs.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
"Off the Beaten Path" series that I found on DrivethruRPG

Each PDF provides encounters based on terrain type. These can be a single large encounter (e.g. bandit ambush) or 1-2 page adventure (e.g. A cursed ghost town filled with undead). Great for developing random encounters that go beyond "2d6 goblins." Below is a link to the Desert Encounters, but they have ones for different terrain types (including urban)

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I've been thinking on this, as I dont have much 3PP stuff at all.

Best Psionics?
Best "DMG"?
Best Monster Book?
Best Warlord?
Best Adventure?
Best Crafting?
Best Magic Items?
Best Kingdom Building?
Best Subclasses Addition?

I dont know if those things all exist, or need to exist, but its something I've been thinking about looking up in more detail.
DMG? Return of the Lazy DM.

Monster book? Flee, Mortals!

Remove ads