• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your most trivial house rule?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
sfedi said:
My insignificant houserule is:

Casters can always choose to cast a spell at a lower caster level.

What house rule, now?

CASTER LEVEL
A spell’s power often depends on its caster level, which for most spellcasting characters is equal to your class level in the class you’re using to cast the spell.

You can cast a spell at a lower caster level than normal, but the caster level you choose must be high enough for you to cast the spell in question, and all level-dependent features must be based on the same caster level.

-Hyp.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Ghouls have a Climbing movement rate. For some reason I love the idea of Ghouls and Ghasts skittering around on the walls like skinny pale spiders.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
What house rule, now?

I was going to say something, but his wording is slightly different than RAW, since "always" means that if you're a 5th level wizard you can lower the CL of fireball, when by RAW you cannot.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
No junk food at the table. I got tired of my growing belly and I'm sure the others were also so I thought I'd help us all out. For the most part it is followed.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
ThirdWizard said:
I was going to say something, but his wording is slightly different than RAW, since "always" means that if you're a 5th level wizard you can lower the CL of fireball, when by RAW you cannot.

Yeah, I wondered if he meant that.

A little like how SLAs are not restricted by caster level - there's nothing wrong with having a monster that uses Meteor Swarm as a SLA with a caster level of 3, for example.

It's what made 3E nymphs so freaky-scary!

-Hyp.

Jhamin

First Post
Male and Felmale half orcs use the male half orc height tables, but keep their current weight tables.

Hows that for trivial?

lordbasl

First Post
DM Bribery for XPs

Not exactly a house rule, but applicable in my gaming group:

My group started a tradition of bribing me with snacks and diet soda for mercy and for really good snacks like Her Infernal Blondness' Meatlike substance on a stick (tm) or Guinness, for XP. The gang has even bought books for me to use in game....

Most trivial house rule? I use the "no penalty for multiclassing" variant, as well as -con death and dying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads