D&D 5E What kind of planar book do you hope for?

Which approach to the planes do you hope WotC takes?

• Planar Sourcebook - open-ended toolbox

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Manual of the Planes - Grubbian style

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Gygaxian multiverse - Gygaxian style

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Planescape-focused - Sigil-focused

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Spelljammer-focused - sphere-focused

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Planeswalking-focused - Magic

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Nothing/no interest/why am I here?

Votes: 4 6.2%

Mercurius

Legend
Something... new.

I considered putting that as an option, but think the Planar Sourcebook could include new options. But, yeah: they could take a totally different approach, but I think that would upset a considerable amount of grognards and quasi-grognards.

Here's an idea: they could hybridize the planes, psionics ad Magic's planewalking by having psionic planewalkers.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'd like an 'All of the Above' book.

A chapter on each of the planes, with the mechanics for the planes spelled out.
A chapter on Sigil.
A chapter on Spelljamming.
A chapter on Planeswalkers and how they interact with the Great Wheel.
A chapter with new character options for PCs intended to walk the planes.
A chapter with magic items and spell from the planar cosmology.
An appendix with monsters.
Wouldn't this be the first option? A Planar Source Book to give all the various options?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Though I'd eventually buy a planar book (especially if it has monsters), it's not something that particularly excites me. If I had my dithers, it would be the Planar Sourcebook similar to the 3e Manual of the Planes make your own cosmology approach with the 5e's (version of the) Great Wheel and 4e's World Axis as fleshed-out examples. However, the realist in me thinks that we would get either something more like the 1e Manual of the planes that only details the Great Wheel (but gives Sigil some lipservice) or a Planescape-focused book that highlights Sigil and expands upon the planar information in the DMG. I also expect subclasses, races, monsters, maybe a handful of spells (planar and summoning related), maybe backgrounds (especially if Sigil-focused), maybe feats.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I'd honestly split Spelljamming out to its own thing. Spelljammer's silly, yes, but "Sail a ship through SPACE" is a different niche from "Let's go teleport through the planes and end up at Sigil". I think there's enough there to split

plus I want spelljammer to have giff playable because -dang- they're surprisingly popular

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I am more interested in a in depth Shadowfell, Feywild book with a splash of the Elemental And Quasi Elemental Planes. To that add some monsters native to each and maybe some races reprint Eladrin, Satyr for Feywild, Shadar-kai for Shadowfell and Genasi elemental planes.

Remove ads