• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What kinds of True20 Campaigns are you running?

JBowtie

First Post
I've just started running the "Curse of the Crimson Throne" adventure path as a True20 campaign set in 1837 London (using the gunpowder rules from the True20 Freeport book).

Before that we had a couple of campaigns set in my own setting, and an evil, take-over-the-world campaign that involved a bunchof old Dragon adventures and "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits".

Brutorz Bill

First Post
PSION is actually a campaign setting in a "dark dystopic future" where genetically enhanced humans fight against the superheroes that should have saved us, but nearly extinguished the human flame.

Oh man that sounds really cool!!

The Psion's Handbook is still in the development phase and hasn't entered playtesting yet, but I can give you a sneak peak of what we're PROBABLY gonna include. Aside from a lot of stuff for the Adept role, there will be customized Psionic Roles, including Psychic Warriors & Wilders for the fantasy buffs, and TeKays, ESPers, BioKinetics, Precogs and others for the Modern, Horror & SciFi people.

That's just what I need for the Sci-Fi Campaign I'm thinking about running

We're working on the rules for psionic focus to make it work with the slimmed down True20 system and I got some intriguing ideas.

The Phrenic Shards version is finished and is in layout right now, as we speak. We're however debating on holding it back for now (we want to start out in True20 with something bigger) and we're either gonna release a True20 version of Third Dawn, our Confederation (SCIFI) setting for True20 or let the Psion's Handbook lead the way. We'll see what pans out.

How close is Third Dawn to being ready?

Oh, looks like I'm gonna be Narrating a HORROR campaign using True20 soon too. :D

Cool, thanks for posting!

Urizen

First Post
Hey Angellis get busy with that Psion stuff! I need it for my Campaign! :D
Aren't you doing a version of Phrenic Shards for True20?
It looks like True20 can do some interesting Gritty Fantasy. When I first started learning it the Combat Mechanic puzzled me (in my defense I've been using hit point systems since '79), but after working with it, it has grown on me.

SHAMELESS PLUG:

If you're interested in gritty fantasy for True20, you might want to check out Blood Throne.

Alot of people seem to like it, including Bruce Baugh

The print version's available here

Razuur

First Post
Greetings!

I am currently running:

1. A Star Wars / Dune epic campaign (Currently about to enter its third season) - (Jedi and Bene Gesserit and Harkonnen oh my!)

2. I am very near to completing the total conversion of my fantasy homebrew. I have three running campaigns and that will just be the beginning.

True20 is the wave of the future for our group!

Razuur.

Wraith101

First Post
I got a message the other night about a potential Caliphate Nights campaign. I have wanted to run /play in one for ages so I really hope it goes ahead.

Angellis_ater

First Post
PSION is actually a campaign setting in a "dark dystopic future" where genetically enhanced humans fight against the superheroes that should have saved us, but nearly extinguished the human flame.

Oh man that sounds really cool!!

Thankyou. Dreamscarred Press is trying a few new concepts, among those is a series of "Smart Settings" which are about 20 pages each. The idea is that if people like/support one, we can expand it into a line of setting supplements.

The Psion's Handbook is still in the development phase and hasn't entered playtesting yet, but I can give you a sneak peak of what we're PROBABLY gonna include. Aside from a lot of stuff for the Adept role, there will be customized Psionic Roles, including Psychic Warriors & Wilders for the fantasy buffs, and TeKays, ESPers, BioKinetics, Precogs and others for the Modern, Horror & SciFi people.

That's just what I need for the Sci-Fi Campaign I'm thinking about running

I wish we had more time to write under these circumstances, Knowing that there are people out there that are interested in what we are writing really does help motivate me.

We're working on the rules for psionic focus to make it work with the slimmed down True20 system and I got some intriguing ideas.

The Phrenic Shards version is finished and is in layout right now, as we speak. We're however debating on holding it back for now (we want to start out in True20 with something bigger) and we're either gonna release a True20 version of Third Dawn, our Confederation (SCIFI) setting for True20 or let the Psion's Handbook lead the way. We'll see what pans out.

How close is Third Dawn to being ready?

The D20 OGL version or the True20 one? Third Daw in general is about 97% finished, we are working on final layout. If we can manage it, we're releasing it this month. Thanks for asking!

Oh, looks like I'm gonna be Narrating a HORROR campaign using True20 soon too.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Thankyou. Dreamscarred Press is trying a few new concepts, among those is a series of "Smart Settings" which are about 20 pages each. The idea is that if people like/support one, we can expand it into a line of setting supplements.

Sounds like a great plan!!

I wish we had more time to write under these circumstances, Knowing that there are people out there that are interested in what we are writing really does help motivate me.

I wish you did too! LOL

The D20 OGL version or the True20 one? Third Daw in general is about 97% finished, we are working on final layout. If we can manage it, we're releasing it this month. Thanks for asking!

Cool, what about the True20 version?

QUOTE]

phloog

First Post
Robert E. Howard - inspired fantasy. Reluctantly I allowed one spellcaster in the group, but primarily a grim, dark setting. Cities rare, villages countless. Minimum one seduction per adventure - the players get to decide if it's the slave serving girl who will later help you through the hidden tunnels, or the queen herself. ;)

One element I added to True20 for this campaign is Clarifying Questions from Minimus - - they do wonders for any combat scenario - can't recommend them enough.

Angellis_ater

First Post

Sounds like a great plan!!

Well, we'll all get to see soon. :) However, it is a low-risk scenario for us.

I wish you did too! LOL

Well, if Third Dawn does well, we'll have more time and money to do new projects.

Cool, what about the True20 version?

If Third Dawn is released before Oct 31st, I'd say that the True20 version should be available before November 30th, if all goes well.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Robert E. Howard - inspired fantasy. Reluctantly I allowed one spellcaster in the group, but primarily a grim, dark setting. Cities rare, villages countless. Minimum one seduction per adventure - the players get to decide if it's the slave serving girl who will later help you through the hidden tunnels, or the queen herself. ;)

One element I added to True20 for this campaign is Clarifying Questions from Minimus - - they do wonders for any combat scenario - can't recommend them enough.

Clarifying Questions from Minimus?? Not sure what you mean.
Lot's of Fantasy Campaigns for True20. Kewel Beans!

Remove ads