What kinds of True20 Campaigns are you running?

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Just curious to see what kind of True20 Campaigns are going on out there?
There's an assortment of stuff out now or about to come out.
I've got Interface Zero ordered, thinking about combining elements of it with Reign of Discordia. Course I'll have to have some mutants in there from Darwin's World True20. I really like the versatility this system offers.
Thanks,
Bill

The_Warlock

Explorer
I'm actually working on finishing acquiring & converting information to run an old school Grey Box Forgotten Realms campaign with True20.

The great thing is being able to take stuff from both multiple True20 books and d20 books to flesh out the magics and monsters with minimal work.

AlexS

First Post
I'm planning to run a homebrew fantasy game online for a couple of my mates from home. First time properly DMing something, so I'm quite excited!

bento

Explorer
I'm not getting in any True20 gaming at this time. :.-(

But I'm purchasing interesting settings like Interface Zero when they come along!

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I'm not getting in any True20 gaming at this time. :.-(

But I'm purchasing interesting settings like Interface Zero when they come along!

I've found locally alot of the gamers aren't familiar with True20, many haven't even heard of it. As I've shown it too them, they have gotten interested.
Mechagenesis looks cool too. Transformers!

iwatt

First Post
- Pathfinder's Rise of the Runelords

- A Technothriller game.

- A conversion of SW's Rippers into True20.

- A small Epic arc involving converted 3E characters from my FR Silver Marches campaign.

radferth

First Post
I was running a Hyborian True 20 (with Conan d20 magic rules), but ran out of time to prepare adventures. True 20 actually has less prep time than most; but I needed none prep time, so switched to a D&D campaign I have the modules for.

Angellis_ater

First Post
I'm running a playtest of our upcoming PSION campaign setting, preparing a few more campaigns for True20 and itching to try something dark and gritty fantasy.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I'm running a playtest of our upcoming PSION campaign setting, preparing a few more campaigns for True20 and itching to try something dark and gritty fantasy.

Hey Angellis get busy with that Psion stuff! I need it for my Campaign! :D
Aren't you doing a version of Phrenic Shards for True20?
It looks like True20 can do some interesting Gritty Fantasy. When I first started learning it the Combat Mechanic puzzled me (in my defense I've been using hit point systems since '79), but after working with it, it has grown on me.

Angellis_ater

First Post
Hey Angellis get busy with that Psion stuff! I need it for my Campaign! :D
Aren't you doing a version of Phrenic Shards for True20?
It looks like True20 can do some interesting Gritty Fantasy. When I first started learning it the Combat Mechanic puzzled me (in my defense I've been using hit point systems since '79), but after working with it, it has grown on me.

PSION is actually a campaign setting in a "dark dystopic future" where genetically enhanced humans fight against the superheroes that should have saved us, but nearly extinguished the human flame.

The Psion's Handbook is still in the development phase and hasn't entered playtesting yet, but I can give you a sneak peak of what we're PROBABLY gonna include. Aside from a lot of stuff for the Adept role, there will be customized Psionic Roles, including Psychic Warriors & Wilders for the fantasy buffs, and TeKays, ESPers, BioKinetics, Precogs and others for the Modern, Horror & SciFi people. We're working on the rules for psionic focus to make it work with the slimmed down True20 system and I got some intriguing ideas.

The Phrenic Shards version is finished and is in layout right now, as we speak. We're however debating on holding it back for now (we want to start out in True20 with something bigger) and we're either gonna release a True20 version of Third Dawn, our Confederation (SCIFI) setting for True20 or let the Psion's Handbook lead the way. We'll see what pans out.

Yes indeed @ the dark and gritty fantasy. I'm thinking of taking some aspects of teen-fantasy like Eragon, mixing it with Midnight and going from there.

Oh, looks like I'm gonna be Narrating a HORROR campaign using True20 soon too. :D

Remove ads