D&D 5E What Level Next?

Aluvial

Explorer
I have an NPC in my second campaign who currently is a human, female, Fighter 2, Rogue 3.

I have taken a Flaw from Unearthed Arcana, and have the Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, TWF, Weapon Focus (Longsword), and Point Blank Shot feats.

This character is NE.

I'm trying to spice things up a tad with her and want some advice for a class and a feat.

Her skills are well dispersed for fighter and thief with nothing cross-class.

Her overall personality is; bold in a fight, collects beautiful things, and is a runaway from a noble house. The PC's don't realize that she is evil, and in fact, stealing from them. She sticks with the group because up to now they are a pretty good source of loot.

So what class do you think I should take? How about a Prestige class or an alternate from one of the Complete series....???

Thanks for the advice once again.

Aluvial

Taloras

First Post
Take another level of fighter. Then wait one more level, pick up a 4th fighter level, and take Improved Two Weapon Fighting. at 8th level, take a level in Tempest from Complete Adventurer. Keep going from there.....

As for feats now....Improved Toughness to make her even badder.

Aluvial

Explorer
Sot he requirement for Improved Two Weapon Fighting is a BAB of +6 (and other things).

It really is too bad she is two levels away from it. I saw the tempest last night too, also the thief-acrobat. The problem with the thief acrobat is that she doesn't give any bonus to BAB right away...

I'm the type of DM who doesn't mind doing a little give and take-away... so I'm thinking about giving her the theif-acrobat prestige, adding a point of BAB at 1st level, and taking away something...

What should I take away?

Aluvial

szilard

First Post
This is an NPC, right?

She's pretending to be an ally of the party while stealing from them. Do you have future plans for her? Do you expect her to come into direct conflict with the party?

You might want to consider Hexblade. The Hexblade curse is probably subtle enough that she could use it on behalf of the party or against them without anyone knowing... which could be cool as a minor source of intrigue.

-Stuart

mordulin

First Post
You might also want to take a look at some of the classes from Book of 9 Swords. If you want to give her some cool tricks I'd recommend Sword Sage, if your looking for more fighting power/base attack bonus then I'd recommend Warblade at least till she can take a PRC like Tempest.

mikebr99

Explorer
I'd stick with Rogue for the rest of her levels... for the nasty SA punch, and the versatility of all those skills. Unless she's always got a lead shield handy... her true identity is going to show if a few more levels... and tumbling into the shadows and getting away is going to be helpful.

Mike

Aluvial

Explorer
I didn't realize how far back I was for BAB... I'm at least another two levels out for Tempest now, If I take Fighter again (to 4th, 7th level overall), I finally get to +6 BAB, and get the Improved Two W-F with the bonus feat. Then I can take the 1st level of Tempest.

If I change thief-acrobat around, or perhaps take levels in Swashbuckler, I can change around a few things, and perhaps make her more a fighter...

Where is the Duelist? Does this have TWF in it?

Aluvial

zypherillius

First Post
another class?

stay right in the UA and roll her into martial rogue if you want something different, youre getting the rogue stuff with fighter feats and sacrificing sneak attack dice. somebody i play in a campaign with has an 18th level martial rogue that does lots of interesting things, i just think its kind of counter productive to take fighter feats for a d6 hit dice and not all the armor proficiencies.
dont forget, variety is the spice of life!

Quartz

Hero
Take another level of Rogue for the Improved Evasion ability. As for the feat, how about Improved Shield Bash? Spring Attack with two attacks (longsword and shield) is pretty nasty.

Remove ads