D&D (2024) What Magic: the Gathering setting would you like to see next?

Which M:tG setting would you like to see next?

• Alara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amonkhet

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Capenna

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Ikoria

• Innistrad

• Ixalan

• Kaladesh

• Kaldheim

• Kamigawa

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Lorwyn-Shadowmoor

• Mercadia

• New Phyrexia

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Rabiah

• Tarkir

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Ulgrotha

• Zendikar

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Poll closed .

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I think Ixalan could be a blast with it's vampires, pirates, merfolk, and dinosaurs... but I wouldn't envy the editors because it has some mine fields if not done with care.
Other: As someone who is not versed in MtG lore but is intrigued by several of the settings, I'd like to see an overview anthology along the lines of Radiant Citadel, perhaps describing 6 or 8 planes in some depth, and several others as "capsule gazeteers."
Top 3:
1. Kamigawa
2. Eldraine
3. Amonkhet
Runner's Up: Capenna, Ixalan and Kaladesh.

I like the mix of fantasy and sci-fi cyberpunk that the latest Kamigawa set offered. Overall, I think any of these 6 offer something interesting that could make an interesting campaign setting.

I only started playing in 2015ish, with Battle for Zendikar. The older planes haven't sparked much interest. Maybe if they get a new set?
Well, I have at least a little bit of good news for you: Amonkhet and Ixalan have already been published as miniature campaign settings, as part of the Wizards of the Coast Plane Shift product line...and they're free. (They've also done Zendikar, Innistrad, Kaladesh, and Dominara, and there's a free adventure for Ixalan available on DriveThruRPG.)

These aren't the full-scale product releases like Ravnica, Theros, or Strixhaven; they are only about 35-40 pages long. But they aren't flimsy Unearthed Arcana playtest releases, either. These PDFs are nicely illustrated, the lore is well-written, and the mechanics (while sparse) are pretty solid. They might not be complete campaign settings, but they're really handy for inspiration. I wish they had continued the product line.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I would like to see Dominaria, though I think it's going through some stuff at the moment that I need to look into, I think Phyrexia is causing issues again.

I have the art of magic book for it, and I love it. It is a perfect DnD setting, in my opinion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases