D&D (2024) What Magic: the Gathering setting would you like to see next?

Which M:tG setting would you like to see next?

• Alara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amonkhet

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Capenna

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Ikoria

• Innistrad

• Ixalan

• Kaladesh

• Kaldheim

• Kamigawa

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Lorwyn-Shadowmoor

• Mercadia

• New Phyrexia

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Rabiah

• Tarkir

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Ulgrotha

• Zendikar

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Poll closed .

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Eh, Eldraine is pretty much explored by Feywild (as is Lorwyn, though that's got a cool Shadowfell rotation going on with Shadowmoor).
Capenna is darn cool and I would love to see it - but only after Neon Dynasty Kamigawa is released for D&D. THAT is how you fix an orientalist setting and make it stand out and bring something truly unique to D&D…
Eldraine has a Fey element, but the Grimm and Arthurian combo really works for D&D and offers something fresh.

Li Shenron

Legend
I voted Kaldheim.

It's simply a viking/norse-inspired world, or actually mini-multiverse of its own.

It could be useful in D&D either as a stand-alone campaign world like Theros, or to be merged with your main setting's material world as a region of it.

Kamigawa is cool, but I prefer Rokugan.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I think that if Wizards of the Coast decides to release any M:tG settings for D&D, it'll only be whatever the Hott New Block of CardsTM is slated to be for that particular year. They won't be looking back across the history of Magic for a campaign setting. If we want to see a Kamigawa or Lorwyn D&D campaign setting, I wager it'll have to be fan-created.

Yaarel

He Mage
I think that if Wizards of the Coast decides to release any M:tG settings for D&D, it'll only be whatever the Hott New Block of CardsTM is slated to be for that particular year. They won't be looking back across the history of Magic for a campaign setting. If we want to see a Kamigawa or Lorwyn D&D campaign setting, I wager it'll have to be fan-created.
Kawigama: Neon Dynasty − is hot right now.

Remathilis

Legend
Other: As someone who is not versed in MtG lore but is intrigued by several of the settings, I'd like to see an overview anthology along the lines of Radiant Citadel, perhaps describing 6 or 8 planes in some depth, and several others as "capsule gazeteers."

Oh, this would be amazing.

Do a short intro to the MTG universe, provide info for some of the common MTG races (updated to 1D&D standards), and then have a bunch of different genre adventures each set on a different plane, with options on how to port them to other settings if wanted. A Zendikar dungeon with Eldrazi, an Innistrad vampire castle, A New Cappena heist, etc. You could even make the bridge tale about how the PCs are all fledgling planeswalkers who recently sparked and have been recruited by the Gatewatch.

Tales from the Gatewatch WotC. Do it!.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Kamigawa was the last Set, so is plausible they do a surprise Magic book in the near future. The window for that seems to be closing, though. Eldraine amd Dominaria currently seem most plausible as a near term possibility based on card Sets.

Remove ads