WotC What MTG/D&D crossover material would you want to see?

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Honestly there are a lot of MtG worlds I would love to see adapted to D&D.
  • Alara (either after the sundering or after the conflux.)
  • Amonkhet (preferably before Nico Bolas’s corruption of the plane.)
  • Dominaria
  • Ikoria
  • Ixalan
  • Kaladesh
  • Kaldheim
  • Kamigawa
  • Lorwyn–Shadowmoor
  • New Phyrexia/Mirrodin (a book that gives details of the plane both before and after the Phyrexians took over would be neat.)
  • Tarkir
  • Zendikar
I think a great big MtG monster or magic item book would be really neat as well, or a book similar to Xanatar’s or Tasha that gives various player options such as new player species, subclasses, feats, backgrounds, supernatural gifts, and spells based on the various worlds in MtG would be really cool too.

Ilkoria sounds as created for a future franchise of games about hunting and/taming collectable monsters.

I would like an alternate Ixalan where the carrion-wearers aren't evil vampires, but the good heroes who save the day.

The last word about Eldraine hasn't said yet. We could bet there are plans for this in the future.

Why not a crossover Eldraine/Birthright? or a crossover Innistrad/Ravenloft. Let's imagine the heroes after a "weekend in the hell" when they archive the exit, they discover they are in the material plane again, but as if they weren't, being Innistrad a false exit door.

None, nevermore.

So you could have spent your time doing other things instead of adding nothing to the thread?

Edit: forgot to add something myself...
I liked the characters of the adventures in the forgotten realms set. They should definitely do something with that in D&D.
I liked the silver skinned elf with two scimitiars and the cat token in particular. Would make a great main character in a book or an inspiration for live action roleplay.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Why not a crossover Eldraine/Birthright? or a crossover Innistrad/Ravenloft. Let's imagine the heroes after a "weekend in the hell" when they archive the exit, they discover they are in the material plane again, but as if they weren't, being Innistrad a false exit door.
I”d go with that and would be keen to do a weekend in Innistrad

I was also looking through Lorwyn cards online and noticed that the Hourglass Coven of Wild Beyong Witchlight is an MTG card!
(Or is this common knowledge I was oblivious to?)

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
"Tana's Big Book of Saprolings"

with in depth details on include:extras unique:prints type:saproling unique:art -is:doublesided

and write ups of the creatures, spells, and items from o:saproling
Saprolings were cool and provide a fairly unique monster for WotC to mine, then they can add in thrulls, originally a creation of the Ebon Hand (don't quote me though, I'm running on a decade's old memory), and slivers. Slivers would make for an interesting encounter, let people know that some have different appearances and then as they take down individual slivers, the swarm will get weaker as it loses abilities.

Maybe they could also throw in atogs, I'm sure there are people who would love to see them.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Just remembered that back in 2e, I had my players go up against some thrulls that were created in a breeding vat held in a wizard's workshop. Only had the originals from Fallen Empires at the time we played, but it was a fun time.
The Thrulls in MtG have never seemed to have gotten the love that Thallids/Saprolings and Slivers did.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The Thrulls in MtG have never seemed to have gotten the love that Thallids/Saprolings and Slivers did.
Yeah, they'd pop up every now and then but I don't think they had the popularity of thallids and especially slivers, so many slivers to choose from now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases