D&D 5E What new linages do you want?

darjr

I crit!
I would like something like the animal mutation rules from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles RPG. You could dial in different levels of animal vs humanoid characteristics.

But I’d also love some kind of swarm lineages, colonial mind kind of creatures.

cowpie

Adventurer
Say I want to play a flying octopus that can breathe air, and has the ability to manifest all physical attacks psionically, and its species came from outer space, so naturally, said octopus has a space ship to whisk the players to other planets, and also, use lasers on the ship to fight space battles. Is that still D&D?
Prolly not -- but it would make for a swell OSR adventure...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I was working on the Akridians from the troll Hunter series on netflix. Something like them would be cool, maybe some of the tech could be integrated into the race with an ability to manipulate force energy. Maybe I should dig up what I've done for them and see if I can finish it off.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I was working on the Akridians from the troll Hunter series on netflix. Something like them would be cool, maybe some of the tech could be integrated into the race with an ability to manipulate force energy. Maybe I should dig up what I've done for them and see if I can finish it off.
can you elaborate on what they are exactly?

darjr

I crit!
It is, in effect, a slippery-slope argument. It plays on fear of the hypothetical end result to make that result sound likely, without having to actually demonstrate or logically support how likely it is.
Some people love their bad arguments though

Remove ads