D&D 5E What new linages do you want?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
One of my favovorite characters was a hengeyoukai theif-acrobat back in 1e/2e. So, yeah, I really wish they'd publish a hengeyoukai race/lineage.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I am not sure I want more lineages but I want more depth in my linages. Less attribute mods and feats and more here is 5 ribbon abilities and pick 3 and collect another one a level 3 and 5.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I really like aberrations, so some playable aberration race(s) would be great, IMO. I'm partial to Gnome Ceremorphs, so a "Ceremorph" or "Mind Flayer" race/lineage would be ideal, especially if it were similar to the Dhampir lineage from Van Richten's. A Psychic damaging tentacle attack, resistance to psychic damage, some innate psionic spellcasting (maybe as a feat), and telepathy. Yes, they're almost always evil, but it could be flavored as Ceremorphosis gone wrong in some way that let some of their original humanity remain after the transformation, or that they're "vegetarian" mind flayers that only eat the brains of animals (or possibly lab-grown brains if they have access to it).

I also like robot-like races, like the Autognome and Warforged, and would like a more generic fantasy "Golem" race, with different "subraces" (probably in the style of Fizban's new Dragonborn "subraces" being entirely separate races), like a Clay Golemkin, Stone Golemkin, Iron/Metal Golemkin, Gem Golemkin, and so on. (I do have my own homebrewed version of this race for my setting, but an official version would still be nice to have.)

I definitely want an official Dryad race. Maybe some other types of playable Nymphs, too (Naiads, primarily). Harpies and Driders would be cool, too.

Some more unique/special animalfolk races would also be appreciated. We have most of the standard animal people races in 5e so far (rabbitfolk, catfolk, frogfolk, antfolk, lizardfolk, birdfolk, etc), but some more strange ones like Grasshopperfolk, Platypus/Echidnafolk?, Marsupialfolk, Spiderfolk, etc.

Last edited:

Remove ads