D&D 5E What new linages do you want?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
  • Actually Tiny feyfolk, either gnomes or pixies.
  • The oozling/plasmoid is my new favorite race ever!
  • I have a soft spot for shardmind.
  • Chameleon lizardfolk.
  • In my work-in-progress setting I have both Cactoid and Mandragora-elves, which are a mix of Wood elves and Dekus from LoZ (they wear hollowed still-living mandragoras as masks to use their stunning scream to hunt)

- I'd be a big fan of races similar to other races from LoZ: Goron or other rolly-polly, stone eating goliath, or Skull-kids, are darker take on the lost kid from the feywild.

Dire Bare

Legend
  • Aranea
  • Octopoids
  • Fungusfolk
  • Flying Monkeys!!!!

A little more outre...
  • pure Energy beings of some sort (I'm envisioning these in a corporeal "shell," like Vorlons or something)
  • Sentient swarms (of insect-ish things)
  • Origami construct beings (shapeshifters, more focused on assuming "object" qualities than animal qualities)
  • higher-Dimensional beings (eg, with dimension door abilities, "ranged" touches, maybe some time-hopping?)

And also
  • Flying monkeys!!!!
1638572155375.png

Adamant

Explorer
I would absolutely love to get updated genasi, since the current ones are very lacking in features and flavor outside of physical description. Something like each one getting their respective elemental cantrip should be obvious, but with the current versions only water gets one. I'd love for them to get the 1, 3, 5 treatment with spells at each of those levels, for example air genasi could get the Gust cantrip at 1, Feather Fall at 3, and Gust of Wind at 5.

jgsugden

Legend
My top 3 desired "official" additions to 5E would be:

1.) Thri-kreen - From Dark Sun and Planescape
2.) Synad - from the 3E Complete Psionics
3.) Cursed - Rules for a layover lineage that deals with cursed individuals. This would be something you'd drop on top of an existing lineage, much like Mercer's Hollow One, but would provide structure for those suffering from a variety of curses that are blessing/curse mixes. Lycanthropes, Dorian Grey, The Hulk, The Invisible Man are all examples of the idea that there can be power with a price.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Playable Myconids for the mushroom / fungus race.

Oddball anthropomorphs:
  • porcupine-folk (re-fluff the Cactoid?)
  • skunk-folk: Troglodyte Stench plus Claws.

And "rough drafts" of iconic races from not-yet-released settings - such as Thri-Kreen from Dark Sun.

Remove ads