D&D 5E What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 87 72.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Theros

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exandia

Votes: 18 15.0%

I mean, the Forgotten Realms is the most likely candidate. Other possibilities: Ravnica, Eberron, Greyhawk, Theros, and Ravenloft.
FR now definitely seems the be the most likely. I'm not sure if Saltmarsh is enough of a "setting guide" (and not just an adventure) to be counted as "returning" - that's a tricky semantics question. Presumably they could release a guide to the other continents on Eberron as well. But with Exandria now seeming less likely, I'm now very much leaning towards something FR (hopefully a full setting book, or at least a guide to a significant area outside the Sword Coast such as the Cormyr/Dalelands/Sembia/Moonsea region).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
FR now definitely seems the be the most likely. I'm not sure if Saltmarsh is enough of a "setting guide" (and not just an adventure) to be counted as "returning" - that's a tricky semantics question. Presumably they could release a guide to the other continents on Eberron as well. But with Exandria now seeming less likely, I'm now very much leaning towards something FR (hopefully a full setting book, or at least a guide to a significant area outside the Sword Coast).
I think the idea of using a FR book in the style of Eberron Rising from the Last WR as an opportunity to retcon problematic elements is actually a great idea.

I'd much prefer having a regional guide to something not-Sword Coast, but my preference.
Honestly, given how they've done other campaign settings, which usually have a deep dive into a particular city/region beyond the general overview, it wouldn't be unreasonable that we might see both - an overview of the various regions of the setting, and then a deep dive into say the Dalelands and/or Cormyr...

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, realistically, what I envision would be somelike a zoom in on the Sea of Fallen Stars, with new lore for Orcs, Drow, etc. along with Realmsian Adventure generation material.

Seems like the most likely thing. I think I'd like a reboot of Zakhara more (and I mean a reboot, be respectful), but this would be a good book too.

Faolyn

(she/her)
From most to least likely (my opinion) for being revisited;

1. Forgotten Realms
2. Greyhawk, Feywild
3. Literally anything else.
Speaking of Feywild, why not the Shadowfell? They've included a lot of creatures that live there or have been changed by its shadowy nature, but they haven't done anything with it so far this edition.

Remove ads