D&D 5E What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 87 72.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Theros

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exandia

Votes: 18 15.0%

Seems like the most likely thing. I think I'd like a reboot of Zakhara more (and I mean a reboot, be respectful), but this would be a good book too.
There's a Zakhara guide that was released on the DMs Guild a couple of months ago. Its really good, and they had a Saudi Arabian consultant and co-author on the project. It's not "official", but it's just about as close as you can get.

Of course, I wouldn't mind an official Zakhara guide from WotC. And I'm sure they would go the same route with a cultural consultant if they did...

Undrave

Legend
It will be interesting to see if the movie blows up the setting (again). It would make narrative sense to have most of continent fall under the sway of an evil empire (e.g. Thay) with Waterdeep and Neverwinter the last hold-outs.
Asterix theme song intensifies
It needs a good war to shake it up. A conventional one, without gods, omnipotent wizards and rearranging landmasses.
What about some WARLORDS? :D Eh? Eh? :D

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Speaking of Feywild, why not the Shadowfell? They've included a lot of creatures that live there or have been changed by its shadowy nature, but they haven't done anything with it so far this edition.

I would still put that in category 3. Not impossible, but feels unlikely after Van Richten's release.

There's a Zakhara guide that was released on the DMs Guild a couple of months ago. Its really good, and they had a Saudi Arabian consultant and co-author on the project. It's not "official", but it's just about as close as you can get.

Of course, I wouldn't mind an official Zakhara guide from WotC. And I'm sure they would go the same route with a cultural consultant if they did...

I've seen it; no offense to its creators, but I'm a sucker for fresh art and crisp layouts, and even that doesn't do it for me.

Faolyn

(she/her)
It would probably feel a bit too redundant with Ravenloft in tone. They'd want to wait a while before bringing that out so soon after a Ravenloft book.
I dunno. There's a lot of things in the Shadowfell that don't and wouldn't appear in Ravenloft, since Ravenloft is supposed to be a twisted horror version of a more typical gaming world, and the Shadowfell is very definiteluy another plane of existence.

Remove ads