D&D 5E What official 5E content do you want to see more of?

What official 5E content do you want to see more of?

• Adventures

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • Settings

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • Monsters

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Player options

Votes: 48 44.4%
  • Rules and rule variants

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Lore

Votes: 18 16.7%

• Poll closed .
As I have drifted away from 5e, I feel ready for 6e. But seeing the recent numbers, I doubt WotC feels the same ;)

Short of that, I'd take a sword & sorcery setting for 5e, including the necessary rules variants. Could be Dark Sun, but I'd also gladly take something along the lines of Leiber or Howard.

R_J_K75

Legend
I chose settings and adventures. Id like to see some generic, short, single book adventures. Id also like a Spelljammer setting book too. Out of either setting or adventure books Id rather setting books as it can offer a little of everything on the poll. I'd really like more and better poster maps. I didn't care for the map from Dragon Heist, as an example, and wasn't the Eberron just an old map reprinted?

Shiroiken

Legend
My opinion hasn't really changed over the years: adventures, settings, and monsters. However, I prefer the location based adventures, like Ghosts of Saltmarsh did. APs are neat, but they're hit or miss, and trying to run the whole thing is tough for many groups.

Everything BUT adventures.

I guess from the voting people are buying them, but I'm just really unimpressed with WotC's entire history of adventures (all the way back). Their miss-rate seems to be way higher than TSR's was on those, and the ones they do make are far more prone to being kinda bland and missing so much stuff you have to spend tons of effort filling in the gaps. And there's no sign of improvement - just the odd good one in amongst the bland.

Also can I just say the biggest thing missing from 5E is a magic item book.

And it's missing because WotC are rubbish. Yeah I said it. They're rubbish because instead of putting magic items in a book, I could buy, they scatter them through every adventure. This is money-grubbing of the saddest kind, frankly.

Last edited:

• A book of magic items and artifacts.
  • Hacker's guide to D&D with variant rules modules (yes, I know this will never happen).
  • Awesome urban adventure with mind flayers as villains.
  • A low level sandbox adventure that uses 13th Age-style factions and Dungeon World-style fronts. Legacy of the Crystal Shard is a pretty decent 1.0 version of this approach. I think the Dales or Daggerford would be ideal locations.
  • Dales would also be a good locale for a Red Hand of Doom-esque war story.
  • Whatever book includes a warlord.

dave2008

Legend
And it's missing because WotC are rubbish. Yeah I said it. They're rubbish because instead of putting magic items in a book, I could buy, they scatter them through every adventure. This is money-grubbing of the saddest kind, frankly.
Haven't adventures always had unique magic items in them? Back in the day you had to buy White Plume Mountain to get Wave, Whelm, and Blackrazor. Now they are in the DMG! Heck there are quite a few magic items in the DMG that used to only be in adventures. I'm all for a magic item book, but to call the current set up (regarding magic items) money-grubbing seems a bit odd since it has pretty much been standard practice from the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Remove ads