D&D (2024) What older setting do you want to see next?

Which older D&D setting would you like to see next?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Mystara

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Birthright

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Nentir Vale/Nerath/Points of Light

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 27 21.4%

• Poll closed .

JEB

Legend
I’d like to see Nentir Vale but first I’d like to know that they’re actually going to do justice to these settings because I haven’t exactly been happy with any of them yet.
Yeah, I feel like a caveat should be included - whether or not you're expecting the setting to return as a continuation/update, or if you're fine with a rebooted version. (After two reboots in a row and a third telegraphed, folks should just assume the latter.)

After the 50th Anniversary Edition drops, I'd like to see an Eberron refresh. The slipcase format would actually work out well for this.

Book 1 - Mechanical updates to player character options, and a new starter city (not Sharn!).

Book 2 - Monsters! Quori, Daelkyr, Deathless, Undead, Mournland abominations, ect.

Book 3 - A new adventure campaign!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Definitely Mystara. If I had a second-place vote, it would be for Greyhawk.

EDIT: You know what? Here's my ranking of all options, in order of preference. Because I can.

Mystara (including Red Steel and Hollow World) >> Greyhawk > Other (Pelinor) > Birthright > Other (Lankhmar) > Ghostwalk, Dark Sun, Council of Worms, Nentir Vale, and all the rest that I've never played.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
About a third of those I actively want. Another third I wouldn't be disappointed in seeing. The last third I don't know enough about them to answer. But, since there's "no more editions" we'll have infinite time to get all the old settings in 5E, so everyone gets what they want...right?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Considering what they've done so far with RL and SJ, I'm not entirely sure I'd want them to tackle any other old setting.

YMMV, of course.
Right there with you. The benefit is the rules. The lore (when it exists...cough Spelljammer) is easily replaceable by the older stuff.

I echo some of the other posters.
I love Mystara but I do not want WotC going anywhere near the setting please considering what they have done with some of the others they have touched. The fans of the setting do a great enough job with it as is. Also Mystara would be a landmine when it came to sensitivity content.

Remove ads