• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What project would you like Paizo to tacke next for Pathfinder?

What project for Pathfinder would you like Paizo tackle next?

Urlithani

First Post
Pathfinder + Mass Effect = Most awesome space RPG ever!

That is the only real reason I voted sci-fi; none of the options really appealed to me, but if there's even a remotely small chance... :)

Some Psionics fans are likly to be upset. Although they have said they plan to get to it at some point. From what has been said it in all liklyhood will not be the 3.5 Psionics rules. But something new and more inline with how the other caster classes work.

Epic is in the same boat, while they plan to get to it, it will not be the rules used in 3e or 3.5 but something new.

I would bet on an Asian book next. But who knows other then Paizo right

Roman

First Post
Some Psionics fans are likly to be upset. Although they have said they plan to get to it at some point. From what has been said it in all liklyhood will not be the 3.5 Psionics rules. But something new and more inline with how the other caster classes work.

The suspicion that this will happen is exactly why Pathfinder Psionics for me is very low priority (though higher than Modern, Sci-Fi or Asian) and the reason why I am unlikely to buy it. I still clicked that I want to see Psionics, because they might surprise me and not go slot-based with them - if they do go that way Psionics would not get my vote.

Epic is in the same boat, while they plan to get to it, it will not be the rules used in 3e or 3.5 but something new.

True, but here I don't mind going in a different direction, as I feel that Epic rules were very poorly done in 3e.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Monsters as PCs first, then Epic, but totally unlike the 3.5 rules for it, let alone the ELH. :eek:

That's what we, over here, would be interested in.

WesSchneider

First Post
No no no no no, you don't get off that easy. To any of the "none of the above" folks, lets hear it: what DO you want. You see, we have this whole staff of writers, editors, and game designers who, if they're not putting together gaming products for you, are just going to be surreptitiously editing products in those Barnes & Noble game book spinners and squatting in basements writing, like, Sonic the Hedgehog fan fiction or something. And no one wants to see that (...for like more than a half hour).

So! Fess up. What do I get to yell at people about in 2011?

ruemere

Adventurer
Book of NPCs is already on my preorder. Hmm...

Okies, here we go:
- Psionics done using Vancian slot system or skill+feats. - I abhor unnecessary bookkeeping (power points!) or new magic systems.
- Epic Rules which do not follow "more levels and more power" - something similar to E6 variant but done for d20
- Epic Rules followed by Epic Adventures (multiple)
- Some planar citybook - we need Golarion alternative to City of Brass and Sigil
- adventure path with Leng guys (more Lovecraftian themes) with smaller emphasis on levels and combat and more on puzzle solving

Regards,
Ruemere

jreyst

First Post
I'd just prefer cleaning up what's already out. Figure out an ongoing errata / faq process and respond to all outstanding errata and frequently asked questions before starting the next big, messy, involved project or contest. Unfortunately its hard to sell that so I guess something that focuses on drastically improving playability in the level ranges of 9th-15th.

Hopefully the GMG will tackle much of that already though.

If choosing from the list I'd prefer, in this order...

Monsters as PCs
Psionics Rules
Asia (or other regional) themed play
Epic Level Play

I DARE PAIZO TO...

Do a book that focus on the Craft and Profession skills!
Do a book about commoners!
Do an advice book on how to role play better!
Make an adventure path that where the PCs must form a 100 loving couples to become the new god of love!
Make an adventure path where the PCs start as level 1 commoners and end it as level 15 commoners!
Make a book of new NPC classes!
A new town/city creation system!
Make a book called "Adult Night Clubs of Golarion!"
Put out an "Art of Pathfinder" book!

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Those options aren't on my list at all.

My list is:

1. Additional spell book
2. More prestige classes especially for the wizard class. The wizard is incredibly boring compared to almost every other class except perhaps the rogue.
3. Additional monster books
4. Additional trapfinding classes so everyone is not forced to play a rogue to have a magical trapfinder.
5. Updated campaign setting book.

Those options aren't on my list at all.

My list is:

1. Additional spell book
2. More prestige classes especially for the wizard class. The wizard is incredibly boring compared to almost every other class except perhaps the rogue.
3. Additional monster books
4. Additional trapfinding classes so everyone is not forced to play a rogue to have a magical trapfinder.
5. Updated campaign setting book.

Your might be happy then
1> Getting new spells in the AGP in aug
2> Don't understand the boring comment
3> Bestiary 2 Due out October
4> unclear new classes highly unlikely outside of something like an Asian book
5> Due out September

So 3 of 5 not bad.

Remove ads