D&D 5E What Seven Classes Would You Keep? (and why!)

Which Seven Classes Would You Keep? (please vote for all seven and thanks!)

• Barbarian

Votes: 61 25.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 210 86.1%
  • Druid

Votes: 134 54.9%
  • Fighter

Votes: 224 91.8%
  • Monk

Votes: 61 25.0%
  • Paladin

Votes: 123 50.4%
  • Ranger

Votes: 95 38.9%
  • Rogue

Votes: 225 92.2%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Warlock

Votes: 82 33.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 217 88.9%
  • Other (PLEASE post what and why!)

Votes: 20 8.2%

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Cleric, thief, warrior, and wizard. That's all you need. The rest are minor variations on those or combinations thereof.

You could even drop the cleric as it's really a divine wizard with a bit of warrior.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Rogue (With Ranger build)
Fighter (With Warlord and Barbarian Builds)
Cleric (With Druid Build)
Sorcerer (With Warlock build)
Bard
Warlock

No more wizards.

Fighter - Martial expert; knowledgeable in arms, engines, tactics, and even strategy.
Wizard - Magical expert; can cast any spell, although not every spell, aware of the unseen.
Cleric- Servant of the powers; tightly themed spells and abilities, defender of mortals from the unseen.
Rogue- Criminal expert; knowledgeable in the interplay of urban power, aware of factions, favors, and the value of objects.
Druid- Ambassador to the Unseen; dealmaker between the mortal and unseen worlds, heir to legacy powers and abilities.
Ranger- Wilderness expert; whereas rogues fit in the urban environment, rangers are adapted to and understand the wilderness.
Monk- Expert of the self; whereas fighters put their focus outwards, monks are inward facing. They hone their bodies to achieve preternatural levels of performance.

ECMO3

Hero
So, I've been thinking lately about classes and archetypes. Many of you probably see this in my threads about the Battle Master, "Which Class is Best", etc.

For reasons to be disclosed later on, if you HAD to remove 5 classes from the core 12, keeping only 7, which ones would you want to see left in the game? Which ones really aren't necessary in your opinion.

Like the other poll, you can keep a class of any reason you want. Popularity, power, niche protection, playability, fun, or whatever.

As always, thanks to any and all who participate! I really appreciate your time and thoughts.

Wizard
Cleric
Ranger
Rogue
Fighter
Monk

These 6 are Iconic classes that can't be replaced IMO.
'
Warlock

Since you asked for 7 I needed to add another one although I don't think we really need Warlocks either.

As far as the rest:
Barbarian and Paladin should be Fighter subclasses

Bard should be a Rogue Subclass

Druid should be a Ranger subclass

Sorcerers are irrelevant and redundant with Wizard

Remove ads