D&D 5E What should I steal from these 5e adventure books? (+)

For Out of The Abyss, I could easily see using some of the locations in it as stand-alone resources for adventure (Gracklstugh would make for a very interesting base city, outside of the threat of the demonlords).

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I got two more D&D books from the library from which to steal stuff.
C6D053A9-CF62-495F-8AA2-C497F042A423.jpeg

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Tomb of Annihilation- one of the very best long form 5E adventures. Loads of good large and small dungeons and single-session set piece site-based adventures. Great bestiary. Great encounter tables. Great maps. Also works as a setting book for Chult.

Netherdeep- there’s a tier 2 dungeon as kind of the climax of act 1 (Baxoxan? I don’t have it in front of me) that’s a p good stand-alone dungeon and the town around it is also good.

Last edited:

Out of the Abyss has the best ending encounter of any WotC module. It ends with a massive battle royale between the demon lords and the book instructs you to give each player a Demon Lord to play as in the fight. When one Demon Lord is left, that's the one the party has to fight with their normal characters. METAL! PERFECTION! HEAT!

Dungeon of the Mad Mage is basically 23 separate modules that can be run independent of each other. I ran level 13, Trobriand's Graveyard, as a Fury Road style post-apocalyptic adventure complete with motorcycles, semi-trucks, and tanks. It was a lot of fun.

I also used level 5, Wyllowood, along side Tepest from Van Richen's Guide as a complete adventure set in the Domains of Dread.

Each level has it's own factions and you are not expected to side with one over the others or any of them, it's Players' Choice.

I really like this book as an adventure resource, because trying to run the whole thing, as I tried to do, is a bit much.

Have fun!

Zardnaar

Legend
Tomb of Annihilation- one of the very best long form 5E adventures. Loads of good large and small dungeons and single-session set piece site-based adventures. Great bestiary. Great encounter tables. Great maps. Also works as a setting book for Chult.

Netherdeep- there’s a tier 2 dungeon as kind of the climax of act 1 (Baxoxan? I don’t have it in front of me) that’s a p good stand-alone dungeon and the town around it is also good.

There's a throw away line in BG3 about Gith in Chult. ToA came to mind as act 4 BG3.

Remove ads