D&D 5E What single new class would you like to see?

Fah! Everyone knows that real samurai only used a single katana, or a combination of a single katana and a shorter blade, called a wakizashi, in various techniques called....
<20 page diatribe about how things REALLY worked in Japan because I'm an expert because I watched a lot of anime and read some internet articles>
...and that's why your idea sucks, and is unrealistic!

Careful, now! You don't want to be a racist!

Furthermore, WTS dual-wielding-katana-dervish. WTB dart-gattling-gunner. PST.

Larrin

Entropic Good
I've always wanted to see a sort of divine skill class, sort of a fighter is to rogue as paladin is to [this class]. The 4e Avenger isn't right at all because it was just a divine striker, all combat little skill or finesse. Pathfinder has the Inquisitor which is sort of in the right design space, but that felt like it lacked clear purpose/focus/skills when I played one. Sadly, I've never had any great insight into what this class looks like in precise exact terms of mechanics, I just know I would like to play it.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Of course! I mean, I'd have to take the Eldritch Quadtana build for my Thri-Kreen. That way, I could turn one kitana into a shillelagh. And cast booming katana on it.

EDIT- I mean, I didn't want to have to say it, but my theorycrafted imaginary subclass's DPR > your imaginary theorycrafted subclass's DPR. Wait a minute, I meant, I totally wanted to say that.
I'm pretty sure the Eldritch Quadtana needs its own custom spell list. Katana ward, spiritual katana, Melf's acid katana, Mordenkainen's magnificent katana... who needs DPR when you have utility?

Of course! I mean, I'd have to take the Eldritch Quadtana build for my Thri-Kreen. That way, I could turn one kitana into a shillelagh. And cast booming katana on it.

EDIT- I mean, I didn't want to have to say it, but my theorycrafted imaginary subclass's DPR > your imaginary theorycrafted subclass's DPR. Wait a minute, I meant, I totally wanted to say that.

I drew your dude.

Your dude.PNG

I have to admit. He is way awesomer than TwoSix's.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Well, I mean, my character is going to be awesomer by definition that someone else's. That just math.

But I may have to steal your illustration when I play him. Not only does it perfectly capture the sine qua non of awesomousity, it also fits in perfectly with WoTC's 5e art style. It could go in "5e PHB 2 Kits, Essentials, and Arcana: Awesomer and Awesomerer."
I'll be honest, with this level of artistry and sick design skills, I'm amazed Morrus hasn't already hired us.

Remove ads