• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What songs should I cover?

Tanager

Teflon Billy said:
Nothing get's a live crowd going like Home for a Rest by Spirit of the West. It's pretty easy to play, is sort of influnced by Celtic Reels and The Pogues, and has a fun singalong chorus.

Good choice. Save this House is another Spirit of the West tune for those less Celticly (??) inclined.

How about World Freak Show by the Levellers? Not sure how it'd work solo though.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Bobitron said:
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something.

Speak NOT the name of the hated song!

*breathes* Sorry. But that is my MOST HATED SONG. I'm sorry if I offended you because you love the insipid piece of drivel.

I'm friends with some guys in a band and sometimes just two of them get together to do acoustic stuff. When they do, there is nothing sweeter than Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison. The crowd (usually a pretty hard rockin' bunch) just loves it.

"Just like honey, baby, from the bee."

Stone Angel

First Post
Thank you everyone the showcase went off smashing I was liked so much by the mc that he made me play an encore set and ended up coming home with 2nd place and 250 bucks in cash always a plus. I played the following

1st set

*Never: Me
Time after Time: Cindi Lauper
*Pretty Girl: Me
Thats All: Genesis
Crash: Dave Matthews Band

After everyone had played they told us that the top five would play again. This was not in the original info. At this point I had downed about 7 humongous beers a couple shots and was enjoying the company and compliments of quite a few pretty little doves. I had no idea what to play so I just went up there and had fun.

2nd *drunk* set

She talks to Angels: Black Crowes
*Holywood: Me
*Suburban Gangster
at this point I needed to play one more song and my alcohol was really starting to catch up with me so I crushed everything I could think of into one big mega mix jam. This what I can remember playing in order *I think

Sh*t town: Live-Country Gramma: Nelly-Back that @#@ up: Juvenile-Wish you were here: Incubus-Staceys Mom: Fountains of Wayne-Little things that kill: Bush-Deny: Default

For as inhebriated as I was I really pulled this off quite well pretty sure I messed up one of the hip hop songs but no one seemed to notice or care, and neither did I really

Thank you all you were very insightful and TB I am very much interested in this band do they have a website and I would love to hear the song that you are raving about!

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Stone Angel said:
...TB I am very much interested in this band do they have a website and I would love to hear the song that you are raving about!

Their site is long gone, but I've spoken with the lead singer and he's givn me the OK to forward you an MP3 if you have an email account capable of recieving it.

Nice to see you got Fountains of Wayne into the mix:)

Last edited:

Congrats on the second place! Sounds like a fun set, expecially the second one. :)

So, will you be doing any GenCon jam sessions while we are all in town this summer? You should see if you can get together an ENWorld house band to back you up.

Stone Angel

First Post
Originally posted by Crothian

Congrats on the second place! Sounds like a fun set, expecially the second one.

So, will you be doing any GenCon jam sessions while we are all in town this summer? You should see if you can get together an ENWorld house band to back you
up.

I could handle that! But like anything else that I tried to organize it would fail miserably. LOL

TB drop it over to bdayboyjul22@yahoo.com I have about ten gig there so I imagine that that will handle it.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads