D&D 4E What third party products should be updated for 4E?

William Ronald

Explorer
While reading the boards, I thought of a few products that WotC has not printed that I have used with Third Edition. For example, I have run D&D 3/5/Arcana Evolved events at the Chicago EN World Gamedays.

Here are a few of my nominations for products to update to 4E.

Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved: Interesting classes and races, along with an innovative magic system. Indeed, updating the Green Bond and the Totem Warrior may satisfy those who are looking to play either a nature based spell caster or a shape-shifting fighter.

Green Ronin's Hamunaptra: Inspired by ancient Egypt, with gnolls as a character race and some variant character classes. Some interesting takes on magic.

Green Ronin's Testament: Biblical adventures that were well done, with information on several ancient cultures.

Green Ronin's Freeport: Freeport is not only great in its own right, but is easily ported into a variety of settings.

Okay, what are some of YOUR choices.

fabneme

First Post
I know it's not going to happen, but I'd love to see Ptolus updated for 4E. But since that's just a dream, I'd like to see the books of eldritch might and chaositech from Malhavoc Press.

Khuxan

First Post
fabneme said:
I know it's not going to happen, but I'd love to see Ptolus updated for 4E. But since that's just a dream, I'd like to see the books of eldritch might and chaositech from Malhavoc Press.

Isn't Ptolus primarily fluff anyway? It shouldn't be too hard to convert a couple of prestige classes, races and spells.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Have to see 4e before deciding what needs to be updated for it.

For Freeport for example, it's a systmeless book. Putting out a stat companion should be easy as they've already done it for True 20 and have a 3.5 one coming out.

carmachu

Explorer
Khuxan said:
Isn't Ptolus primarily fluff anyway? It shouldn't be too hard to convert a couple of prestige classes, races and spells.

No. Not it is not. That couldnt be furthest from teh truth. It has alot of fluff in it, but its a living breathing city world full of people and creatures. ALOT of people. Converting close to 650+ pages worth of stuff is a nightmare.

But that should be, if any third party product does, be converted. Its the best thing out there.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Definately the Arcana Evolved stuff and I would love to see Atlas Games' African Adventures...are you listening Chris Dolunt ;) I would even love to work on such an update. I have used the AA quite a bit and I love cultural settings for books. Any Oriental update is a must too...that is where I would have the monk class.

C

Aristotle

First Post
I think less about products and more about mechanics that I've seen in one or more places that truly add something to the game. For instance: Iron Heroes' combat maneuvers that make martial characters as fun as arcane/divine ones. We've seen evidence that some version of that is making the core. Other mechanics I'd like to see updated...

Leveled/Legacy Weapons
Skirmish and Mass Combat
Economic (commerce, castle building, so on)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases