D&D 4E What third party products should be updated for 4E?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Olaf the Stout said:
Do they need revising? I didn't think that there was any actual rules material in them that was effected by an edition change.
MMS: WE is based on the 3E's demographic assumptions and the core spells. Yeah, it's going to be out of date. It won't be obvious to most people, but the sort of DMs who use MMS: WE (the AWESOME ones!) will definitely spot the problems.

ideasmith

First Post
Netbook of Feats
Quintessential Human
Book of Templates
Green Ronin Advanced Bestiary
Sidewinder Recoiled

The last three on that list are because lots of normal animal stats plus lots of good templates equals dandy monster design kit.

Ranger REG

Explorer
ideasmith said:
Sidewinder Recoiled
Last I checked, Sidewinder: Recoiled requires d20 Modern core rulebook, not Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook. We'll have to wait until 2009 IF WotC wants to overhaul their third and final RPG line.

ideasmith

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Last I checked, Sidewinder: Recoiled requires d20 Modern core rulebook, not Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook. We'll have to wait until 2009 IF WotC wants to overhaul their third and final RPG line.

ideasmith said:
The last three on that list are because lots of normal animal stats plus lots of good templates equals dandy monster design kit.

I specified that what I wanted from Sidewinder:Recoiled was the normal animal stats, which are compatible with D&D.

Ranger REG

Explorer
ideasmith said:
I specified that what I wanted from Sidewinder:Recoiled was the normal animal stats, which are compatible with D&D.
Why? Were the animal stats different between the two rules (D&D and d20 Modern)?

MrFilthyIke said:
Not to channel Nightfall or anything, but I'd love a giant Ptolus-sized 4E conversion of Scarred Lands. I'd buy that at any price.

White Wolf has my phone number. ;)

Seriously, I'd be all over writing or even serving as developer on such a beast. :)

Commonblade

First Post
For my homebrew I need...

Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved - I love the races in this book, and the classes while not used by my players has made and interesting villain or two.

Chaositech - I changed this up somewhat for my homebrew, but the devices serve a extremely useful purpose in my game. It also makes them more accessible to PCs that normally don't like the corrupting nature of these items. The Body mods I use for villains to give them a nice buff and to make them seem more crazy (who would willing do that to themselves, crazy cultist). I use the Dungeon: Gamma World article for mutants.

Dragon Star - Need the tech and modern feats, although it occurred to me I might be able to just use SW Saga for this.

Midnight - The magical backgrounds (i forget what they are called) are really useful for creating "Chosen of" templates or uniquely powerful NPCs, without going to crazy.

Remove ads