D&D 4E What third party products should be updated for 4E?

Tortoise

First Post
carmachu said:
No. Not it is not. That couldnt be furthest from teh truth. It has alot of fluff in it, but its a living breathing city world full of people and creatures. ALOT of people. Converting close to 650+ pages worth of stuff is a nightmare.

But that should be, if any third party product does, be converted. Its the best thing out there.

Amen to that!

I'd gladly pay the $120 price tag all over again if Monte were to re-release it updated to 4e.

Well worth every penny.

I'm now running two (going on three) campaign groups in Ptolus and with each session the players fall more in love with the setting. My fun as DM continues to increase right along with theirs as players.

Please Monte, update the big book!

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Sword and sorcery. White wolf made some realy good D20 material that I liked alot. They should get a 4E go at things.

And yes, you're right, Monte Cook is God, and deserves everything he does to live on in 4th ed

Glyfair

Explorer
There is a difference between books that should be redone for 4E and those that I want to see. Testament, for example, is one I wouldn't mind seeing redone for 4E but that I doubt GR should do (the 3E version is fine for the audience into the genre).

I think those with alternate OGL systems are fine without being redone (Arcana Evolved, True d20) since they divorced themselves from the mainstream D&D market.

Number one on my list is Tome of Horrors and it will be redone. In fact, most books I'd like to see redone are monster books. Player's Guides for setting books would be good, as well. Seeing the Scarred Lands for 4E would be interesting, but you don't need to redo all the fluff. A core book with an overview, certain rules changes and suggestions for updating 3E bookjs to 4E would be all that's necessary.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Lord Xtheth said:
Sword and sorcery. White wolf made some realy good D20 material that I liked alot. They should get a 4E go at things.
Sword and Sorcery is not a product. It's a slave company for master White Wolf's sweatshop.

I'm not saying sweatshops are bad... :]

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Glyfair said:
I think those with alternate OGL systems are fine without being redone (Arcana Evolved, True d20) since they divorced themselves from the mainstream D&D market.
But AE is more D&D than True20. AE is more D&D with new classes and new magic system. It's close enough to D&D to warrant a AEified take on 4E.

For me, the list would be:
Arcana Evolved
Complete Book of Eldritch Might
Tome of Horrors

That's everything I'll ever need for D&D!

Cheers, LT.

pawsplay

Hero
Lord Tirian said:
But AE is more D&D than True20. AE is more D&D with new classes and new magic system. It's close enough to D&D to warrant a AEified take on 4E.

It's a variant on 3.5.... 4e will be different enough AE may not make sense in the new rules paradigm.

Remove ads