Pathfinder 1E What to play?

silverblade56

First Post
Some friends of mine have recently started Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition. I'm not sure how far they are, but I will be starting at 2nd level. So far they have a paladin, barbarian, gunslinger. cleric,and sorcerer. Seems they have a lot of melee and blasting, so I'm thinking something for trapfinding and/or support. I am toying with a lot of things but can't decide? What would the ENWorld community suggest?

BuckyLastard

First Post
While not familiar with the Rise Of The Runelords,but based on the characters mention, I would narrow it down to one of either Bard, Druid or Monk. If any of these "fit" the campaign, all the better. Imho.

There's a lot missing from their party in the way of skills - unless they planned well, your group is lacking in KN skills if nothing else. If you don't want to play a rogue, I understand you can build a fairly good Alchemist-trapsmith with the right archetypes.

Kinak

First Post
I think rogue and bard both have pretty good places in that party. With the paladin and barbarian (maybe cleric), a rogue would have plenty of flanking opportunities. But the bigger a party, the better bardic music gets.

As someone who's finishing up Book 5 of Rise of the Runelords right now, I wouldn't get too hung up on trapfinding. If you don't want to be a rogue, a more general focus on skills would probably do just fine.

Cheers!
Kinak

Herobizkit

Adventurer
A party of that size means Bard (The answer is always Bard; my title may still say as much). Yup. And if you look carefully, you'll see that there are many Archetype options available that are more than simple variations of "singing at stuff guy".

questkick

First Post
Druids are pretty awesome in pathfinder. It looks like the party's a little light on the wilderness type character, so it may be a good fit.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
... the Bard Archaelogist, fr'ex, gets Trap Sense like a Rogue, as well as gaining Rogue talents.

... the Bard Thundercaller gets bonuses on Handle Animal, Survival and Know Nature.

... Bards are great. :3

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
I would even go so far to say a Magus would be good in that party. Just have him focus on his skills due to his Intelligence, while contributing wonderfully to combat.

Remove ads