Level Up (A5E) What was taken away from each a5e class?

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Warlocks lost Mystic Arcanum (access to 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells). You now have to spend an Invocation on each one.
It is worth noting that A5e warlocks gain invocations to compensate, allowing you either to learn a spell per arcanum OR chose another powerful ability. Clever warlocks of high level will also train away lower-level invocations to gain all the powerful ones.

Here's the spreadsheets. The first sheet is a direct side-by-side listing of the features of each O5e class (including the bonus features from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything). The second sheet is an attempt to use A5e classes to replicate O5e classes as closely as possible by means of optional feature selections. Other than simply giving the O5e ranger the additional class features from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that were supposed to be swapped for PHB, I think it should be free of house rules.

I put a simple color-coded key at the top of each sheet, but some of the classes (like fighter) have additional abbreviations that aren't described but can probably be figured out from context (ie, AS = number of action surges per short rest, and SW = amount of healing from SW).

I included the file in .xlsx and .ods formats.

Attachments

• O5e to A5e Class Comparisons.zip
    153.1 KB · Views: 123

Remove ads