• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was the best moment of Gen Con for you?

haiiro

First Post
I'm a bit late for this one, but I didn't have net access after the con.

I'd have to go with the session of Burning Wheel that I played in, which was run by the game's creator. The whole table was really into it, Luke's a fantastic GM, and the highlight of the game was a debate between the PCs that ran for about 45-60 minutes.

I'd have expected that to be dead boring, but it was anything but. Burning Wheel actually has a system for debating, with the rationale being that in-character disagreements are very rarely resolved satisfactorily in most games -- someone's always unhappy with the outcome.

It's a great little system, and the whole thing was full of impassioned performances. If you've never played Burning Wheel, I encourage you to give it a try -- particularly if you can sign up for a session run by Luke at a con.

Wow. :)

Shadowdancer

First Post
The best moment for me was figuring out how to set free the summoned creature in the next-to-last room of the True Dungeon so he could kill the evil wizard for us.

Second best was recognizing James Hetfield of Metallica with his son Thursday afternoon outside the large miniatures gaming room.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Well, for me, clearly my most *memorable* moment at GenCon was when I actually struck a man in the head during a particularly tense Call of Cthulhu game ... in front of his children, I might add.

I was trying for a stage punch, I promise, but we didn't do that dance right somehow. He was a good guy about it: very understanding. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads