What was the first monster you killed in D&D?

What was the first monster you killed in D&D

• Drow

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Grimlock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orc

Votes: 63 17.8%
  • Ogre

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Kobold

Votes: 52 14.7%
  • Goblin

Votes: 96 27.1%
  • Hobgoblin

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Player race (standard PHB) clarify which one

Votes: 24 6.8%
  • Gnoll

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Giant

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Dragon (holy!!)

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Bugbear

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • other...please tell

Votes: 92 26.0%

Gulla

Adventurer
Tonguez said:
Membership of the Grand Order of the Red Box Set is now open to all Slayers of Carrion Crawlers who remember the Basic Set and found the silver hat pin

Anyone want to join me?

I'm in.

I also killed the Carrion Crawler first. IIRC there where money down there (a few copper) and that was our first loot :D

Håkon

Wispo SG

First Post
My first game i was the DM because i brought the Rule Book (blue with dragon on the cover, Levels 1-3). This was around 1978 and we played at lunch time in school. The first monster killed was a skeleton. We didn't know what Morning Stars where then and thought they where a form of Shuriken. So the poor skelton got hit by a couple of thrown Morning Stars.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The first one was killed by my first attack roll: which was my first critical as well. It wa a bear, and I killed it with a mace. It was a Dwarven fighter that belonged to someone who couldn't make it.

I think my first kill with my first "own" character was a bugbear. It was also a dwarven fighter, this time with a two handed axe from the Dwarven handbook.

Rav

Kylearan

First Post
Well met!

IIRC, my first kills were a few hobgoblins under the command of Fewmaster Toede, who got away on his fat pony. Darn. The hobgoblins were roasted by a lightning bolt.

Kylearan

Goblyns Hoard

First Post
Geron Raveneye said:
Carrion Crawler...you know, the one waiting in the pit in the first adventure in the Dungeon Master's Book in the Red Box, on the way to the old castle? That one. :D

THink this poll needs to be given that option.... tick another one for that poor old Carrion Crawler

Damn you old people and your damn red box sets!
My first kill was on the second session of my forgotten Realms campaign, run less than a year ago. My dwarven cleric and fellow monk were waiting outside while the rest of the party snuck into some lady's home. At whoch point some slightly drunk human fighter-types walked over to us. We started a conversation, and complained that if we didn't come with them they would call the guards. We took the hint.. and called out for the guards ourselves. ROLL INITITIVE!

My first ever battle (i had actually wanted to draw both my warhammer and my battleaxe - both of which I didn't know I couldn't use, but neither did the DM so it was all good) and without casting a single spell, smashed the head of one of the fighters in with my warhammer on the first shot. It was quite awesome and I jumped for joy when it happened. Plus it started my love for dwarven clerics. hehehe.

Remove ads