What was the first music album you bought?

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
After giving it some more thought, I may have been mistaken about what my first album was. It might have been this:

1650897621322.png

monsmord

Adventurer
Alas: Village People's Cruisin'. Shut up is why.

My next purchase was 120 Music Masterpieces, and the "bonus" of 30 Piano Masterpieces.

That's actor John Williams selling me on enriching my home. Coincidentally, my third purchase was the original Star Wars soundtrack.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
TIL most everyone in this thread is around as old as I am :LOL: . See you all in 10-15 years at the retirement home for gamers (I Wish!).

I remember my first album was Queen News of the World, but I think I recieved that as a gift in 6th grade (age 11, 1977). But I don't actually recall the first album I purchased with my own money. It might have been the Phil Collins album with Air of the Night (google tells me that was Face Value) - I do remember not liking any other song on that album, thereby introducing me to a truism that persists to this day - 90% of everything is :poop:

Mercurius

Legend
Bought for me: A Flock of Seagulls or Thriller, both vinyl.

That I purchased with my own money...can't remember, but maybe a Duran Duran cassette, or possibly Pet Shop Boys.

Remove ads