D&D General What Would a Dragonborn Werewolf Look Like?

ichabod

Legned
I have a situation where my players might run into a dragonborn werewolf. But what does a dragonborn werewolf look like? Does the fur replace the scales? Does the fur poke out between the scales? I'm having trouble coming up with a description that I like. Any good ideas out there?

nevin

Hero
depends. Do they still shapeshift. if so I'd say you'd have dragonborn form and then wolf form with scales worked in making it appear more like a chupacabra than a wolf.

1688052608109.png

Stormonu

Legend
Could go either way - aspects of a dragon (a bat-winged werewolf would be cool, too bad dragonborn don't have them...) might bleed through in werewolf shape, or might not. If the players are expected to investigate who really was the werewolf, I'd put draconic hints into the werewolf's appearance and vice versa. If it's just a "random encounter", no need to mix the appearance.

Perhaps, something akin to the head/neck of this?
1688052880474.png

MarkB

Legend
Maybe a transitional stage between draconic horns and lupine hair resulting in porcupine-like spines.

Bonus points if it's a blue dragonborn.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So, the question will be what lycanthropy really does. Does it make you into a wolf, or is it a magical curse that takes your own form, and turns you into a wolf-like being based on yourself.

For the former, then you just use normal werewolf imagery - what the base creature was doesn't matter.

For the latter, well, we might remember that the reptilian analog to fur can be.. feathers. A feathered beast werewolf...

- When are you going marry me?

- WHEN GRUNGS GROW HAIR!

- OK, here you are, I have hunted these hairy grungs werebeasts for you! And now, are you going to marry me?

- Hair? I meant ginger hair!

---

Let's remember there aren't monster templates in 5e. In 3.5 there were werevermins, in D&D web.

I guess now in 5e the original specie doesn't matter too much because after the change the stats would be the generic monster. But the minotaur werebeast could use the horns, couldn't it?

delwjan-6f78e3c0-b6f2-4d3d-a516-874205a58c87.png

Does anybody remember the werefox from 2nd Ed?

Remove ads