D&D General What Would a Dragonborn Werewolf Look Like?

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Here's a rather nice pic from Lucas M. Palma's ArtStation. (Which also has the non-transformed version of the character for comparison.)

lucas-m-palma-medrash-lobo-final.jpg

jgsugden

Legend
I'd just make it a werewolf that has fur colors tinted to match the scale color, but keep it subtle.

I typically do not want the Werewolf form to hint at he humanoid form's true nature as I tend to use non-wererat lycanthropes as part of identity mysteries - at low levels the PCs have to figure out who the werewolf is before it gets more people, and at higher levels they have to figure out how many werewolves are in the town.

I'd just make it a werewolf that has fur colors tinted to match the scale color, but keep it subtle.

I typically do not want the Werewolf form to hint at he humanoid form's true nature as I tend to use non-wererat lycanthropes as part of identity mysteries - at low levels the PCs have to figure out who the werewolf is before it gets more people, and at higher levels they have to figure out how many werewolves are in the town.
Yup same.

I think that fits a lot better with how D&D has handled lycanthropes traditionally. Their hybrid forms have never been a mash-up of "that specific individual" and "the animal". They've always been a distinct hybrid form. So even a really short, scrawny, bald guy can turn into a magnificent, terrifying 7'+ werewolf, rather than a 5'8" werewolf which is kind of underfed-looking and is missing its fur on the top of its skull. I mean, there are TT RPGs where that's precisely what would happen - it's just D&D hasn't traditionally been one of them. It's also a good way to end up opening a lot of cans of worms re: "What about species X + lycanthropy" (as here) and potentially leads into farce ("lol gnome werewolf is 4'6" tall and has to wear glasses" or the like).

The werehare was almost canon in Dragon magazine(#156). Really it was April's Fool. A (dire) weretoad nPC appeared in Dungeon 100.

The weredragons were canon in 2nd, and I mean these weren't the song dragons.

Remove ads