D&D General What Would a Dragonborn Werewolf Look Like?

There actually is a non-RPG book that presents an alternate Earth where Dragons do exist and have their own set of cladistics. Dracopedia: A Guide To Drawing The Dragons of the World. In this book, dragons and their kin belong to the Draco genus.

Here are the members of the Draco genus:
1. Amphiptere (Draco amphipteridae)
2. Arctic Dragon (Draco nimibiaquidae)
3. Asian Dragon (Draco cathaidae)
4. Basilisk (Draco lapisoculidae)
5. Coatyl (Draco quetzalcoatlyidae)
6. Dragon (Draco dracorexidae)
7. Dragonette (Draco volucrisdae)
8. Drake (Draco drakidae)
9. Feydragon (Draco dracimexidae)
10. Hydra (Draco hydridae)
11. Sea Orc (Draco orcadraciforme)
12. Wyrm (Draco ouroboridae)
13. Wyvern (Draco wyvernae)

The humans of this world domesticated the Dragonettes and the Drakes btw.

Ordinary beasts shouldn't be affected by theriantropy.

Plasmoids can't be sensed as preys. They don't smell as potential food for predators and monsters. It would be curious if plasmoids could explore zones infected by ghouls and zombies.

The DM could choose thri-keens can be cursed by werevernims, or plasmoids can't become werebeasts, but they could suffer a similar curse. The good new is eating a plant could enough to be busy for the rest of the night until the sun dawn.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
There actually is a non-RPG book that presents an alternate Earth where Dragons do exist and have their own set of cladistics. Dracopedia: A Guide To Drawing The Dragons of the World. In this book, dragons and their kin belong to the Draco genus.

Here are the members of the Draco genus:
1. Amphiptere (Draco amphipteridae)
2. Arctic Dragon (Draco nimibiaquidae)
3. Asian Dragon (Draco cathaidae)
4. Basilisk (Draco lapisoculidae)
5. Coatyl (Draco quetzalcoatlyidae)
6. Dragon (Draco dracorexidae)
7. Dragonette (Draco volucrisdae)
8. Drake (Draco drakidae)
9. Feydragon (Draco dracimexidae)
10. Hydra (Draco hydridae)
11. Sea Orc (Draco orcadraciforme)
12. Wyrm (Draco ouroboridae)
13. Wyvern (Draco wyvernae)

The humans of this world domesticated the Dragonettes and the Drakes btw.
An interesting taxonomy, though if I'm going Linnaean on dragons, "true" dragons would have to be draco nobilis, with draco nobilis occidentalis and draco nobilis orientalis subspecies.

Edit: I should note, I generally do prefer that dragons aren't actually a naturally-evolved lifeform. Either they're a divine creation, an accident of some kind, or a magical construct that has taken on a life of its own. Or, if necessary, that they are an "invasive species" of sorts that grows in a completely different way in the mortal world, with their "native dimension" being much too dangerous and inhospitable for dragons as we know them to grow up.

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
In the Shadowrun RPG setting, Elves are Homo sapiens nobilis. Dwarves are Homo sapiens pumilionis, Orks are Homo sapiens robustus and Trolls are Homo sapiens ingentis.
Yeah, I'm familiar with that one. Not sure how I feel about it, if I'm being honest. It implies some stuff I'm not happy about...but it's also reasonably in keeping with how cladistics loves to make narrow classifications that may or may not actually be useful.

Remove ads