D&D General What Would a Dragonborn Werewolf Look Like?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'd just make it a werewolf that has fur colors tinted to match the scale color, but keep it subtle.

I typically do not want the Werewolf form to hint at he humanoid form's true nature as I tend to use non-wererat lycanthropes as part of identity mysteries - at low levels the PCs have to figure out who the werewolf is before it gets more people, and at higher levels they have to figure out how many werewolves are in the town.
Thats why I’d go with not a wolf - the PCs might not even realise theyre facing a werewolf when they track their creature or find its claw prints changing into foot prints

I'd have it look like the creature from The Relic, a combination of scales and fur.
Kothoga.jpg

Non-mammals are immune to lycanthropy.
The Dragonborn could be reptile-like mammals.

From the Forgotten Realms Wiki: Like dragons, dragonborn were often mistaken for reptiles, but were in fact warm-blooded draconic creatures. In fact, the internal body temperature of the dragonborn was warmer than that of most similar races, being so hot as to seem feverish to the human touch. While this might seem disadvantageous, the lack of hair and large mouth allowed the dragonborn to displace body heat at an effective rate, meaning dragonborn were comfortable in cold climates while remaining no more vulnerable to heat than humans.

Remove ads